Tired of setbacks!

I'm so frustrated/sad! I'm not going to be able to go to my appointment on Wednesday because I've had problems with my insurance company. I have Tricare, which has been great, but to go to any specialist you need to get a referral from your primary. In the civilian world that might be easy enough, but I get seen at a military clinic and they are ridiculous!

To go off on a mini side tangent... I can't tell you how many times they have broke HIPAA laws and I don't like to be mean, but I seriously question the doctors that they have. I've gotten the worst medical advice there! You would really laugh at some of the stuff they have told me. This one doctor said that I had fibrocystic lumps in my breasts and enlarged lymph nodes due to shaving irritation in my armpits. First of all, that's ridiculous by itself, but even more ridiculous being that I had no shaving irritation in my armpits! Okay, back to my point.

I thought that my ob/gyn had everything set up and ready to go as far as my referral because they set me up with my appointment at the infertility specialist and I didn't think to ask if there was anything else I needed to do. Then I had the whole fiasco of being in the ICU and once I got settled back at home I checked on tricare.com and there was no referral. So I called my ob/gyn and they said that I need to do that through my primary. I've spoken to several people at my primary doctor's and I get a different answer every time on how I can get a referral processed. I finally was able to leave a voicemail with a woman that supposedly handles this stuff and after a few times of playing phone tag she is now not returning my calls. It would be easier to just go up there, but I can't drive yet due to a fainting spell and continued dizziness and with my husband's work schedule he can't take me there. So, now I need to reschedule my appointment and who knows how far out that will be!

The next tidbit of news is the most frustrating. Every time I get started on fertility treatments the military decides that would be a perfect time to deploy my husband. After my lap I was suppose to do two consecutive months of Clomid. After the first the military deployed my husband! I was suppose to start it again... and you can guess what happened! Now I just finished the horrible Lupron therapy and am suppose to start a new game plan. Well, we finally found out when my husband is deploying & of course it is October 1st, around the time that I'm suppose to get my cycle back after Lupron & start Clomid again. I am grateful that he's going on a 3 month deployment instead of the typical 7 month deployment, but it's still hard to wait. I should take this as God showing me that now is not the time for me to get pregnant, but it's hard for me to hear that. My body does need the rest after all that it has been through lately. I still have a lot of healing to do from my last surgery/hospitilazation. It's just so difficult! I see all of these pregnant women around me and the only thing I can think is "when is it my turn?"

I think that I will still schedule an appointment for as soon as I can and at least get what ever I need to do done and come up with a game plan so that when the hubster comes home we're all set to go. That is assuming they don't try to send him somewhere again! UGGHHHHH! Faith in God, faith in God, He's got my back! I need to stop worrying!

4 comments:

devon said...

Oh honey you've got a LOT going on! I'm so sorry you are getting jerked around like that. What a mess. Insurance is a bittersweet beast, isn't it!?!?!
I hope you get to feeling better soon -- I have been feeling really weird myself --panic attacks and nervous stomach stuff. I hate feeling so yucky.
So you are done with your Lu.pron, right? Once that gets out of your system I bet you'll feel much better.
When does DH head out? I'll be thinking of you as you go through all of these changes! Keep your chin up!

ps. there is an award waiting for you on my blog :)

My Endo Journey said...

hope things start looking up. Sounds like you've had a rough couple of weeks!

Jennifer said...

Devon,

Yes, I'm done with the Lupron! Thank God! I only did one month and I was suppose to do at least two to three, but after the hospital stuff and all of the bad side effects of Lupron, I just couldn't do anymore. What sucks is the hot flashes kicked in once I was home from the hospital & I had my mom & her husband visiting, so I had to remain properly dressed. Hahaha I just sat around with a baggie of ice to cool myself off with. I can't wait for it to get out of my system and to "normal" again.

I completely understand anxiety & nervous stomach's! That happens to me all of the time and it's so horrible! I wish I knew how to get rid of it.

I just rescheduled my appointment and I can't get in until 9/9. I better have my referral by then!

My husband leaves on October 1st (well that's what they're saying now, the military is always changing their minds).

Thank you SO much for all of your support. It makes things so much easier. Thanks for the blog award! I'm so excited! I'm going to go check it out right now!

Jennifer said...

Endo journey,

Thank you! Yes, it's definitely been a rough couple of weeks, to say the least. I hope that you start feeling better and that your symptoms are due to a bfp waiting for you.