appointment

Well... I'm not pregnant. I had a really hard time with it. I thought for sure that I was and allowed myself to get excited. AF came and I had a really difficult few days. Now I'm back on track and re-focused.

Today I met with the new infertility doc. I like her and the appointment went well. Unfortunately I have to back track a little bit and she wants to repeat my labs that I did with the last doctor and do another ultrasound. I HATE transvaginal ultrasounds! Oh well, it's necessary and worth it in the end. She also said that (pending my lab results) we will most likely be doing high dose clomid with an IUI. Before this appointment I pretty much knew that my only other option was going to be IUI or IVF. I was nervous about this because my insurance doesn't cover it and I thought it was going to be way too expensive for us to be able to afford. Thank the Lord IUI's will only cost us $110 per session. That's still a lot of money, but at least it is manageable and not in the thousands like IVF. So now I just need to wait for my next cycle so I can do the blood work.

3 comments:

My Endo Journey said...

Get used to your lady parts being violated ;) it WILL be worth it though! Keep the faith!

sweetpeanme said...

Ugh...I feel like I'm way too comfortable putting my feet in the stirrups now...I used to break out into a cold sweat just thinking about a pap smear...now I'm like "Oh is that all???"

Stinks about the backtracking...but sounds like you'll be on your way soon enough!! Glad you like the new gal!!

Jennifer said...

Oh yeah I definitely hate having foreign objects shoved where they don't belong, lol. At one point I swore I would never get another pap again. Look at me now! And as you ladies have reminded me, this is just the beginning. I had to get an exam today as part of my new patient appointment. Luckily it was made easier because a graduate student did it while the doctor asked me her questions. It sounds like it would be weird, but it was a nice distraction.