Week 14

Tomorrow I will be 14 weeks, so I thought that I would do a fun little pregnancy survey. This is actually my way of avoiding doing anything productive :). I don't know where it is originally from, but I stole it from "Mommy Wanna-Be Turned Mommy To-Be". She has a great blog and is expecting beautiful twins!

How Far Along? 14 weeks

Total Weight Gained/Loss? I haven't been weighed in a few weeks, so back then it was 4 pounds. I'll be interested to see what it is at my 15 week appointment.

Maternity Clothes? Not yet, but I really do need to get a Bella Band for comfort. I try to unbutton my pants every chance I get.

Sleep? Pre-pregnancy I had insomnia and needed Ambien to sleep. So far I've been getting the best sleep of my life. Maybe I should name the baby Ambien or Lunesta, lol.

Best Moment of the Week? Starting to feel "fluttering" movement

Movement? Little flutters!

Food Cravings? Sweets (runts & nerds), fruit, OJ, bread, cheese

Food aversions? The thought of trail mix makes me want to hurl. I also can not for the life of me eat chicken.

Morning sickness? YES! It had started getting better, but for the last 3 days it has reared it's ugly head again.

Gender? I'm thinking boy, but we'll see.

Labor Signs? NO, NO, NO and let's keep it that way.

Belly Button? It's still an innie.

What I miss: I don't miss anything because of pregnancy. I miss my dh because he's deployed.

What I'm looking forward to: my ultrasound on February 16th and getting my doppler.

Milestones? Feeling my LO move!


I was feeling crazy that I was feeling movement ("quickening") at the beginning of my 13th week, since I had heard (& I'm sure many of you as well) that movement can't be felt until week 18 or beyond. However, my fellow preggos on thebump.com had reported early movement and this is what the American Pregnancy Association has to say about it: "Some moms can feel their babies move as early as 13-16 weeks from the start of their last period. These first fetal movements are called quickening and are often described as flutters. It may be difficult to determine whether this feeling is gas or your baby’s movements, but soon you will begin to notice a pattern. First-time moms may not feel these movements as early as second-time moms. Some moms, especially those in their first pregnancy, may not feel movement until 18-20 weeks. Remember that each woman and each pregnancy is different, so you may not feel movement as early as another woman. There is a broad range of when the first detection of movement can be felt, ranging from 13-25 weeks".

3 comments:

sweetpeanme said...

I'm still thinking girl...you are craving all things girl...fruits...sweets...hmmm. Are you going to find out before your little one is born?

Sorry about the morning sickness...that is the WORST!!!

Kristin said...

I am so jealous of you feeling movement!! I bet it's amazing!

Jennifer said...

Lol, well we're even Mrs. G because I'm jealous of your beautiful baby bump. I have a little one, but you can't even tell when I have regular clothes on.