7 Months

Man this post is late! I never thought I would be such a slacker on updating, but here I am in total slackville. Sorry baby girl! I promise this isn't a reflection of my love for you.



This has been a big month! Quinn is crawling now, will pull herself to standing from my leg, and goes from crawling to sitting and vice versa. It all happened so quickly too. Corb.en spent 2 months rocking on his hands and knees proficiently before he started crawling. Quinn started consistently getting on her hands and knees one day and then the next she started crawling. She's still not completely strong enough to get very far and takes about four crawls (is that a word?) before she needs to rest. She is loving the freedom though... her brother not so much. I will admit that I find his reaction amusing when Quinn gets to the toys he's playing with. 

Well folks, I got the shaft once again. If you remember I was hopeful that my second born was going to honor me with babbling "mama" before "dadda". Nope. My husband is now 2/2 in this milestone. Quinn busted out with "dadda" and then "nana" and then "nene" and there is not a hint of a "mama" to come. My husband, in trying to make me feel better, said that "nene" really meant mommy, haha! I love that man.  

This girl still loves to eat and she is so good at it! She likes her purees thick and chunky and while we didn't purposefully take a BLW (baby led weaning) approach, she chows down on toast sticks, and similar things, like a champ and she loves it! It's great because it enables us to actually eat when she does instead of having to frantically keep shoveling puree in her mouth or else deal with a very angry baby. 

I don't know quite where to start this next part because so much has happened, so I'll try to keep it short and sweet. For several months Quinn was really fussy, not sleeping well, and just wanted to be held and comforted a lot of the time. If you tried to set her down to get something done it would result in a meltdown. 

About a month after this started and hit a peak we found out that she had an ear infection. After her round of antibiotics (I really want to go off on a tangent about that, but I won't) she seemed better for a little while and then it all started up again. Her doctor suspected teething and had us try medication at night before bed. Didn't work and in fact she got worse. At this point she was waking up every 2-3 hours screaming at night. The second you picked her up she would fall asleep on you... until you laid her back down and then it would be screaming again. She would also cry when you would lay her down for diaper changes. 

Ding! Ding! Ding! Cue the light bulb going off. She has GERD (acid reflux). My Mom's side of the family has this really bad due to a hiatal hernia and I even had surgery for it. Corb.en had it REALLY BAD until he was almost 1. We didn't initially suspect it in Quinn because she didn't display the severe symptoms that her brother did. Now I realize that this is because exclusively breastfed babies tend to not suffer from reflux as severely. Once we started her on the medication we noticed an instant improvement and after about 2 weeks, combined with learning what foods she couldn't handle, she was completely back to normal. Praise God! I feel really guilty that she was suffering for 3 months before we figured out what was going on. Both C.orben and Quinn had their reflux symptoms start up at 3 months of age, so with our next baby I will just strongly request that we have some on hand before things get bad.

With each month that passes she gets to be more and more fun. It's so exciting to watch her personality blossom and really come out and I'm really looking forward to watching all the new things that she's going to learn to do.

I love you baby girl to the moon and back! 



 

1 comment:

Brittney said...

What a sweetie pie! Bet Quinn's precious smile lights up a room:)

I got the shaft on Dada being John's first word too..if it makes you feel any better;)