You know sometimes the better you try to make yourself the worse you end up feeling. That is a lesson that I learned this week. Sunday night I had a really bad headache and kidney pain (I'm the reining kidney stone queen). I decided that I was going to take two diuladid and was sure that after that I would feel so much better. An hour later my head was still killing me. I had some fiorecet left over from the horrible headaches that I got while on Lupron (doesn't this just sound like a bad idea already). I did the smart thing and called Walgreens and asked the pharmacist if it was okay for me to take a fiorecet after recently taking diuladid. She assured me that there was no adverse drug reactions between the two. With that information and having taken both medications before I assumed everything would be fine.
A little while after taking the fiorecet I started to itch/burn from head to toe. No big deal, I usually itch a little bit with diuladid and just take a benadryl. So I took a benadryl and then fell asleep. I woke up long enough to eat as sub that dh had brought me for dinner and then fell asleep on the couch again while we were watching television. When I woke up dh said "Babe you really just need to go to bed. You have bags under your eyes". Hahahaha ummm NOT!! I went and looked in the mirror and my eyes were swollen! I took another benadryl, called it a night, and assumed I would be fine in the morning. It was not a fun night, my throat hurt, my muscles ached, my chest was tight, and my back felt like it had a pinched nerve and I could NOT get comfortable. In the morning my eyes were still swollen, as were my nose and upper lip and my back was just as miserable. I finally went to the ER and they gave me IV benadryl and something to relax my back. The kicker is that even after all of that I still had a headache! What's up with that! Getting the IV in sucked because my skin was hypersensitive, so having the tournequet on was so painful.
My face still has some swelling and the skin around my eyes is sore, but hopefully it will go away soon. Apparently it can take 2-9 days for symptoms to go away following an allergic reaction. I still don't know exactly what I reacted to. I do have some food allergies, so maybe there was something in the sandwich, but the ER doc felt that my body had a reaction to the two drugs combined. Crazy! I will mark this one down as a lesson learned!
In good news I'm having an awesome ovulation cycle this month, the best I've had in awhile. So we'll be having our bd festival here and hoping for the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment