Hmmm, okay, didn't see that one coming. I guess I should have. But really who honestly thinks that I would announce my pregnancy to my family via facebook? Oh well. Then I got a little sad. I really wish that was an announcement that I could make right now. That would just make my heart burst with unimagineable joy. It kind of took me by surprise too because, like I said, I'm in an okay place right now. Apparently the Lord got the message that I was at my emotional breaking point (I really, really was) and He decided to bless me with a heart of peace and faith. I've been okay with where I am right now and have had a sence of just knowing that it's going to happen for us one day. (Hopefully soon, right God, wink wink). So I'm having a minor set back today. It happens, right.
I'm planning on thoroughly distracting myself today with studying for two major tests. But what I would really like to know is what you ladies do to distract yourself or take your mind to a more peaceful place when your heart is feeling heavy????

3 comments:
That's pretty sucky about the Facebook nonsense :(.
To distract myself from my endo pain over the last couple of years, once a year, I watch Friends from Season 1 all the way to Season 10. DH hates it, but it makes me happy :) and I get some good crocheting done because I've seen it a million times and don't really have to watch it to know what's going on.
Music... Norah Jones, Colbie Calliat, Matt Nathanson, maybe the occasional sappy country song thrown in there. But I drown myself in music, jump in a hot bath, and pour a BIG glass of wine. It's okay to enjoy one here or there, and sometimes it really helps with the cramps, and the overthinking, and worrying, and anxiety. It helps to just breakaway from it all for an hour and lose yourself in the bubbles and music and good wine :) I hope things get better for you.
Everything is okay in the end; if it's not okay, it's not the end!
Aw I love you ladies! I love music to distract myself and I've loved Colbie Calliat clear back to her myspace days. Music, bath, and wine is a great idea and I think that I'll do that pronto! I love Friends too. I need to get it on dvd. My sister watches the seasons over and over. And crocheting is definitely my thing. DH thinks I'm an old grandma.
Keep 'em coming! I'm loving all these great ideas and can't wait to hear more!
Post a Comment