The most exciting part for me was that she took a guess at the gender!!!!!!!! At 12 weeks it's too early to be 100% sure, but the genitals have formed and can be visible. She looked at the bottom view (as if the baby was sitting on a piece of glass and we were looking from below) and her guess was boy!!!!!!! In 6 more weeks we'll know for sure. I'm just happy that she took a guess. The ultrasound tech that did my scans before the doctor did was no fun and wouldn't even take a fun little guess. Boo! What a bore :D. I'm so happy right now! For now I'm just going to go with boy so I can stop saying "s/he", "him/her", "it", and "the baby".
Here are some pictures from my appointment today. I still haven't gotten a scanner, so I'm still going at it ghetto style and taking pictures with my camera of the sonograms.



3 comments:
Aw! Fun! And yay that your doc took a guess at the gender! Much more fun that way! :)
Looks like you are due the week before my sister-in-law which is cool to me b/c now I know more about what she is going through and what her little bean is looking like :)
take care!
Hi Jennifer!
Meant to leave you a comment yesterday, but didn't get a chance! My hands are full with the 2 little ones when Daddy is on duty! You'll know my pain soon! LOL
I so love reading your posts b/c we are literally neck in neck with each other! Of course, since this is baby #3 and I have the warrior-mommy stretch marks, I REFUSE to post any belly shots, but I sure enjoy yours! I'm a bit bigger, but I think (hope!) that's to be expected with your 3rd!
I had my NT done on Monday afternoon, too! The sonographer was evasive, but at the end she did say baby looked really good. Our little sweet pea was squirming too! She had me roll to my left and right several times to try and get baby to cooperate, but s/he was pretty active. No gender guesses yet! I think she eventually did get a good shot or two for measurements.
They also drew blood for the triple/quad screen markers and will use that info coupled with my NT to give me my results. I'm really not too concerned...no Down's or Trisomies on either side of the family, but with me being 40 you just never know. So say a little prayer for me!
Take care now,
Valerie
You have a new blogger award!
http://endometriosisister.blogspot.com/2010/01/blogger-award.html
Post a Comment