31 Weeks


Woowee! I'm tired! Last week DH and I made a spur of the moment trip out of town due to a family emergency and we just got back in town Saturday around 4am and weren't able to rest very long because we had several obligations that day. Today I woke up at 10:30am and then went back to bed at 12:30pm and just woke up again at 3:30pm. I don't like being this unproductive, but the rest sure felt great.

Cor.ben has been quite the mover and shaker lately. It's so amazing to feel and see all of his big movements and DH has been blown away. It's so cute! He even called his Mom to tell her about it (LOL) and he compared our son to a big fish. I would describe him more as a giant wiggle worm. Thank God I have the ultrasound pictures to prove that I'm actually pregnant with a human or we would both be skeptical :). Right now he likes to stick his foot around my sternum and has also found my ribs. I'm always happy to feel him move, but that isn't the best feeling in the world. My favorite is when he sticks his butt out. It makes me realize how big he is now and it's funny because it makes my belly look all lopsided. It definitely is more entertaining than anything else I can think of.

My ankles and feet have also become VERY swollen. I wish that I would have taken some pictures of my feet to give you guys a good laugh. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with all of the standing and walking around I had to do while we were gone and it was also really hot. Since we've been home I've been trying to keep my feet up as much as possible and I have been sucking down water.

In my last post I told you guys that my family has been making comments that I look like I'm due already and I thought they were crazy, but apparently I must look that way in person. Here are two comments I got this week from strangers... "you look like if I poked you, you would pop" and when I told another lady I was due August 9th she said "WOW, I thought you were going to tell me you were due this week". Hmm, well I will be due.... IN ONLY 9 MORE WEEKS! YAY!!!! (and I'll be full term in only 6 weeks).

My weekly wisdom this week is that I need to sleep on soft surfaces. While we were gone the bed that I was sleeping on was EXTREMELY soft and my hips didn't hurt at all, but as soon as we got home and I slept on my bed they were excruciatingly painful. It's not like my bed is hard, it's a freaking pillow top, but I guess I need something softer. I'm going to go buy some mattress padding or egg crates and see if that works.

Oh... an additional YAY!... my SIL is due in 2 weeks! I can't wait to see my little nephew. She is beyond ready for him to make his appearance.

2 comments:

devon said...

31 wks already!!?!? Where did the time go!

Glad you are doing good and looking great! Ignore those rude strangers with their comments-- you know best and you need to make a healthy baby in that tummy!

Good luck with the sleeping situation. My SIL is due the week after you I think (also with a boy) and is having killer heartburn. She is having to sleep upright!

Unknown said...

You look AMAZING!

My son was fond of rib-kicking as well, so I feel your pain. Fortunately, this little girl isn't doing any of that, but probably only because she's "transverse" (laying sideways instead of head down). I still get all the crazy movement though! We have some seriously active babies!

9 more weeks till we meet them!!!!