I had my appointment and monthly growth scan (ultrasound) today and Cor.ben is just about 6 lbs and is in the 84th percentile! WOWZER! I'm so happy that he's a big boy! He's definitely very cute too. He was smacking his lips, showing off his big cheeks, and was practicing breathing. I don't know if I should share this, but it's too funny not to... the ultrasound tech was hilarious and during the ultrasound she said "Wow! He has a big penis! His dad is going to be really happy about this" and she even printed off a copy for me to show my husband (he couldn't come and it was the only appointment time available). She was definitely very entertaining.
The only thing that I'm worried about is that I'm group B strep (+). Well, I have been throughout this entire pregnancy, but now I guess they found a significant amount in my urine. So I have to take an antibiotic 4 times a day for two weeks in addition to being on IV antibiotics while I'm in labor. Yuck! I know that it's no big deal, but I want to labor at home as long as possible without having to worry about getting antibiotics in time and I really don't want to be strapped to an IV while I'm laboring at the hospital. Oh well, I guess it's small potatoes in the long run and really won't matter. I just want everything to be easy and stress free.
I have also started leaking colostrum... but only from one side. Is that weird? And I've started having braxton hicks. They aren't too bad, but sometimes they hurt or are uncomfortable. It's just so exciting that my body is preparing for the arrival of my baby. What a precious miracle!
Yesterday we went and bought the rest of the "must haves" before baby's arrival. That was so much fun. From now until then we'll just buy the "wants" and "it would be nice to have" items.
My SIL also gave birth to my nephew on the 21st. He's so stinking cute and such a great baby. My SIL is a major trooper and I really look up to her. She gave birth completely drug free and was in labor for 42 hours!
3 comments:
haha that is so funny! Your husband will be VERY proud! Try not to worry about the GBS+. Those antibiotics will do their job :)
Ohmygosh, he IS a big baby! At our ultrasound on Tuesday, we were told our little girl is 4lbs 2 oz, so your guy is a good bit ahead of us! I wouldn't buy too many newborn outfits, just in case. My first baby was really big and though he came home in a newborn outfit, he outgrew that size within a week or two.
Thanks for the clothes advice Marjorie. I always appreciate it, especially from mommy's that have been there before. I'm hoping that he at least fits in the newborn outfits for a little bit because they're so freaking cute!
Post a Comment