That Was Scary
Yesterday evening I suddenly started having contractions. I don't think that they were real labor contractions, but they were different from the regular braxton hicks that I've felt before. They came like clockwork about every 3 minutes, lasted about 10 seconds, and they hurt and wrapped around to my back and of course my abdomen would get rock hard. I tried drinking some water and laying down, but laying down made them hurt worse so I just walked around. After about 30 minutes I called my doctor and she told me that if they didn't go away in an hour then to go to L & D. Luckily within that time frame they started losing intensity and then went away and I spent the rest of the night laying down. The pain wasn't unbearable, but it was scary and I felt really nauseated and just "yucky". I also don't think Cor.ben really appreciated it because he would kick like crazy after each one let up. Whew, hopefully that won't happen again until show time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That IS scary! I'm glad they eased off. Take it easy. A doc I work with told me that not drinking enough water could bring on contractions, so stay cool and hydrated!
Post a Comment