Slow down time... please slow down! My little guy is 9 months old now :(.
I see his first birthday rapidly approaching and I want to hyperventilate. He still weighs 24 lbs and he's 29 inches long. I'm happy to see that his weight gain seems to be leveling out. C.orben has been up to so much lately too. He's crawling, pulling up on things, and cruising a little. While I don't think he will be walking anytime soon I know he would love it. He loves to walk across the room while holding our hands and gets so mad when you try to sit him back down. He is so active and is in to EVERYTHING! This makes for one exhausted momma. I don't want him to grow up already, but I am looking forward to the day when he will sit and play with his toys again instead of being Mr. Destruction on a mission to search and destroy, ha ha. I have found that the one place where he is happy to be contained is the bath tub. The only sad thing is he outgrew the beloved duck tub and is now bathing like a big boy. I thought he would be sad to part with his quacky little friend, but instead was as happy as could be.
| Last time in the duck tub. |
| First time in the regular tub. I don't know why this is such a big deal, but it makes me sad... he's not a little baby anymore. |
We are having a few challenges:
Issue #1- Teething... still. His doctor was quite shocked when we went in for our check up and C.orben still didn't have teeth. She can still see them right there. C is so miserable! His teeth bulge and retreat, then repeat. We're having to give him motrin everyday (which I hate and is on my list of things I said I would never do), but it's the only way that he's able to eat. The poor kid chews on everything non-stop.
Issue #2- The car seat. Ugggh. I thought that I had hit the baby lottery with Corb.en because he's always done phenomenally well in the car. He's either been content or passes right out. Now he whines or cries almost the entire time. I can't figure it out. Maybe he's at the age where being rear facing makes him unhappy? What I do know is that it's frustrating and makes for a very unpleasant car ride.We do have the SafeFit Day & Night Musical Mirror, which does wonders, but it doesn't please him 100% of the time and I don't want that to be playing constantly.The batteries died this week and I keep forgetting to replace them until we're in the car and C.orben is going at it. Super! I need to figure something out.
Issue #3- His pedi would like to see him getting around 24 oz a day of formula, but at the very least she would like to see 18-20 oz. Depending on the day C.orben had been doing 18-24 no problem. For the past three days he's only had 12 oz and this was comprised of a 6 oz bottle at 7:30 am and then a 6 oz bottle at 2:30... then nada. Any other time if you try to get a bottle near him he flips out. His pedi told me not to worry about it if it happens here and there, but worry is what I do. I'm assuming that it's just that his mouth is hurting, but hopefully this will be a short term problem. He is still eating solid food pretty well, so that makes me feel a little better. At times he doesn't want anything to do with that either, but I know that's normal.
Other than those things he's a happy, healthy little boy. It's so fun seeing him explore, play, and do new things. I love you baby boy to the moon and back!
2 comments:
Oh man. These monthly posts kill me. They really do. I'm just not ready for my little man to grow up yet! Buttt... reading about some of the neat new things Corben has been up to does give me some things to look forward to. :)
He's awfully darn cute.
PS- I wish I would've chosen ANY monthly theme, at ALL. But, since Elliot was in the NICU, he didn't even get a one month photo, and since then, he's been unruly every single 16th. I swear. It's like he KNOWS.
What a beautiful family!!!!!
Post a Comment