Mothers Day

Happy {belated} Mothers Day to all of the Mommy's and Mommy's-to-be! I would also like to extend a happy Mothers Day to those of you still waiting to become pregnant. When I was TTC Mothers Day was so hard for me. I felt like a Mother in my heart... I was just waiting for it to become official. I so badly wanted to be able to celebrate this amazing holiday and for someone to tell me "Happy Mothers Day". So, happy Mothers Day to all of you still waiting. You are a mother in my book... I don't doubt that God has special little souls waiting just for you... we just need to wait for his timing. I'm still completely amazed and awestruck that I have a child now!

This is the only picture I took that day :(
I had a great day. I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my husband and the sweetest card. I'm a super emotional romantic and a sucker for flowers and a card. He also got me a gift card to Michael's because he knows that I have some craft projects that I've been dying to do. He was so cute... he was worried that I would find a gift card impersonal and that I would think that he didn't take the time to pick out something himself, but he knew that I've been really wanting stuff from Michael's more than anything else and he had no idea what to get from there. He wasted his time worrying because I'm SO excited! Michael's is to me what Manolo Blahnik's are to Carrie Bradshaw (we'll just assume that you all are Sex and the City fans). He also took me out to breakfast at C.racker Barrel. Their french toast is the absolute best and don't even get me talking about their hashbrown casserole. Mmm! We also did some clothes shopping and indulged in C.old Stone. My diet was definitely out the window for Mothers Day! We were planning on going to O.live Garden too, but we were too stuffed to even think about dinner by the end of the day. I had also wanted to go to the park or botanical gardens, but unfortunately the weather wasn't the best when I wanted to go. It didn't matter though because I had an amazing day. I can't describe how blessed and humbled I feel to be a mother to this little boy of mine. Ahhh. 

No comments: