I'm still here!

I can't believe it has been so long since I have blogged! I hate that I have been slacking on my little virtual baby book. I missed posting on my boy turning TWO and now my little girl is three months old!! 

I can't pinpoint the exact day, but at some point overnight Corb.en suddenly went from a squishy little baby to a little boy. He is so freaking cute too! He says and does the funniest things and I have to stop myself from hugging and kissing him every 2 seconds. Yesterday he kept jumping around saying "wee! wee!" He was so happy and such a little kid. I just wanted to be able to freeze that memory fresh and clear into my brain. He loves to play cars and even makes the little vroom sound when he plays with them and has started insisting on sleeping with his favorite car and truck. When he calls me mommy it sounds like he's saying "Mimmy" and I'm going to be so sad when he says it right. I love when he says "Oh Mimmy". He can sing parts of the songs to Sesame Street and Fresh Beat Band (that show is SO annoying and he loves it so much). He has developed a love for cake and even though he hasn't had any since his birthday he still asks for it frequently. Today as soon as he woke up from his nap he asked for a snack. I asked him what he wanted and he said "cake". I told him we didn't have any and he asked "(where did the) cake go?". Haha! He loves to read the book Hungry Caterpillar and on the page with all of the yummy food he pretends to eat the cupcake, icecream, and cake. I think he's going to have his daddy's sweet tooth. He is still fiercely in love with his sister and is always loving on her. 

To sum up 2 year old C.orben so far I would say that he is generally such a sweet, loving, active, and fun little boy. He is also sensitive and gets his feelings hurt easily, but is also quick to anger as well. He has started throwing things and slamming his bedroom door when he's mad (umm hello teenage attitude already). I have no idea where he might have gotten that from ;). 

For the stats: He's 32 lbs and I need to get his height. Daddy was with him during that point of his 2 year visit and forgot what the nurse said. He's potty training and while he's been ready for a big boy bed we're waiting on that until we move at the end of this month. 


Oh my sweet baby girl! She is exactly that... sweet! She's my cuddler and loves to be snuggled and loved on. I just can't kiss her enough and her smile melts our heart. So far (knock, knock, knock) she's still a really easy baby and a great sleeper like her brother was. She's been sleeping through the night since a little past 2 months old. She's a cooer (did I make that word up?) and will coo for hours at a time. I love it! She's started with a little giggle and I am so looking forward to those belly laughs. She's not the biggest fan of the car seat, but it could be so much worse. 

She's 13lbs and 23 inches. She has rolled over from front to back about 7 times now.
She LOVES to eat and her 3 month growth spurt about made me lose my mind. Luckily I have a freezer stash built up and was able to give her a bottle of pumped milk for the times when constant breast feeding didn't satisfy her. 

Seriously though those few days were really tough. I was so stressed out trying to balance my time between my two kids. I felt so guilty not being able to take care of both of them at the same time and Quinn was being so fussy and needy and it seemed like nothing made her happy. She was so not herself. I can't describe how stressful that time was. At one point I had to leave the kids with my husband while I just drove around and cried. Being a Mom during the bad times, shoot even during the good times, is so hard and I always feel guilty. Although those smiles from Quinn and breathing in her sweet baby scent and those heart melting hugs and kisses from Corb.en make me feel so much better and remind me of what's important. The things that I think need to get done right away really don't. The problem is that I'm a perfectionist and I hate feeling like a failure. I need to learn that a good mom does not mean a perfect mom. There is no such thing as perfect. I think that Mom's are in such competition with each other and feel the need to maintain a certain image that they don't want to admit when things are hard or when they don't handle things perfectly. I don't want to be like that or feel that way. 


Pics! I really need to get better about using my camera instead of my iPhone. Unfortunately the pics of Corb.en are older. These days he protests and runs away when I try to take his picture.




The truck from one of his favorite books.




"What is this??"





 

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi friend!! This 2u2 thing is serious business eh?! I relate to EVERYTHING you wrote from the growth spurts to the door slamming boy to the crying...everything! Corben is SO FREAKING CUTE...that expression on his face! Such a sweetheart! And Quinn looks JUST LIKE her mama!! So beautiful!! Hope things are going well and know that I've been thinking about you too!! Love ya Jen!! XO

Brittney said...

Your babies are so beautiful!! Great to hear from you and see all these darling pics:) Your kids sound like little sweeties..love that your son calls you 'Mimmy' - too cute! And what a blessing to have your daughter sleeping thru the night.