I was watching the beginning of "The Tyra Show" today and the subject was infertility. According to their statistics 1 out of every 7 couples struggles with infertility and only 2/3 of these couples will ever conceive. Why is this? Why do so many couples struggle? I have no evidence to back this up (just my own feelings), but it seems to me that this is a problem that is increasing. I would be really surprised if difficulty conceiving was this prevalent even in our grandparents day. This has really stuck with me all afternoon and I would like to know why! Is it something in our environment? Our diet? The technology that we use and the negative effects it has on us? What is it!?!? I don't think that it's just infertility that is increasing, but most major diseases. Look at how many people have cancer these days. It's insane!
I know that there are many different arguments out there and many different opinions. I'm merely saying that there has to be a reason and I would like for it to stop so that there aren't so many hurting hearts. I was lucky enough to conceive after 2 horrible years of trying, but there are so many of you that have struggled for so much longer. Even though I have conceived it doesn't erase my memories of the pain and heartache. I don't forget what it's like to get AF or to stare at that negative pregnancy test. I don't forget the hurt of having to explain my situation to others or to see everyone around me get pregnant so easily. I haven't forgot the pain in the uncertainty if I would ever be a Mom. I certainly haven't forgot all of you that are still struggling and still hurting. My biggest prayer is for infertility to disappear so that we can all have our hearts fulfilled.
No comments:
Post a Comment