I'm so excited! My hospital offers a bunch of free birth and infant care classes and I just signed up for some. Throughout the month of May I'm going to take Baby Boot Camp, Budgeting for Baby, Breastfeeding Basics, and Childbirth Prep- which teaches the basics of the Bradley Method and we also get a tour of Labor & Delivery. I'm so excited to learn some new things, get a refresher on things I already know, and to see where I'll be giving birth. It also makes everything seem so real and I'm officially going to begin preparing for the birth of my child! Wowzer! We also may have found a pediatrician that we really like and agrees with the health methods that are important to us. I found out today that he's actually covered by our insurance and we have an appointment to interview him soon. YAY! I really hope he's "the one". A good pediatrician is so important.
I had a doctors appointment yesterday and my little sweetness is doing fantastic, but as for me... umm I need some help. My weight keeps climbing and climbing. Throughout this pregnancy I've gained 37 lbs already and I still have potentially 15 more weeks to go. I will admit that I've given into my sweet tooth a few too many times, but I don't think that I've been that bad. I guess I'm just one of those women who gains easily during pregnancy, which is crazy because previously I had to fight to keep any weight on. While I would, without question, gain any amount of weight if I had to in order to be pregnant, it is tough on the self-esteem. Most of my weight is in my belly (which I do love), but my face and thighs have gained weight too, which makes me cry. I know that it's temporary and to the outsider I look fine, but it's just difficult. I don't think it's necessarily a pregnancy issue (I would NEVER complain about that!) but more of a thing of seeing myself rapidly gain weight. Anyone would have a difficult time with that.
My doctor previously told me that I couldn't do ANY exercise at all while pregnant due to my health issues, but at my appointment yesterday I was told that I can now walk on the treadmill, but to not let my heart rate exceed 150 bpm. I went to the gym today and I started out SOOOO slow and it's amazing how even that was tough on my body. My legs and back hurt! I did eventually get the speed up a little and actually never let my bpm go over 130. It's funny that this was so hard because before getting pregnant I was a jogger. Whew, I can't wait to be able to go for a run. Now I'm home and I really want a candy bar, hahahahahahaha!
No comments:
Post a Comment