36 Week Appointment
My Group B swab still came back (+), but oh well since they were planning on giving me antibiotics during delivery regardless. She said the only difference is now they will have pediatricians standing by just to make sure Cor.ben is okay. I've had 0 weight gain in my last few appointments and this time I have actually lost a few pounds, which I've read is typical when you get close to delivery. Speaking of delivery... she said that due to my contraction frequency, strength, and the fact that they are getting longer (some last up to a minute) that it's very possible that I may deliver early, but they would really like for me to make it another week. Watch now that I've said that I'll probably be 2 weeks overdue (NOOOOOOOO!). I've been in a really grumpy mood lately which I hate and I haven't been sleeping well at all. My entire body just hurts and is so uncomfortable. Last night I was really restless and got out of bed at 3:30am and couldn't fall back asleep until 6am. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to sleep better.
My OB recommended that I get Lavender Epsom Salt and said that I could find it at Wal.greens. I just picked some up (for $5... score!) and I can't wait to take a bath with it tonight (which she said was fine)! My body is so sore and I've always loved lavender for relaxation. We used a lavender spray in prenatal yoga that I plan to use during labor also. It really does work! Just spray it on a hand towel and put it over your eyes and breath in the scent and you feel like a new woman =). I just got a new bottle from my yoga instructor, but previously I got it from an herbalist at creationsoap.com for $12.95 and it comes in a really cute blue glass bottle.
2 comments:
I need to try the Lavendar Epsom salt since my body is so achy these days!
Let me know how those epsom salts work for you. Our tub is really small but I do still fit...barely...and I've been pretty achy all over too.
I can't believe we're already to the point where our babies could come any day. The time really flown by!
Post a Comment