So Proud Of Myself **UPDATED w/pics**

Before I was pregnant I cooked for my husband constantly. I'm talking big, delicious, intricate meals. I would even come up with meal plans for the entire week and would write down every little detail. Shoot, I made the man meals that I couldn't pronounce, complete with homemade salad dressings. Since I've been pregnant I have no desire to cook and I think the most complicated thing he has gotten is pasta with P.rego sauce, lol! So, I am quite proud of myself that I actually took time to make him something tonight. Now keep in mind I am still a pregnant lady so one part of the meal doesn't exactly "go", but I crave what I crave. He's going to grill hamburgers when he gets home from work, but I made Mediterranean Pasta Salad and a Greek Salad with homemade dressing. That doesn't sound like much and it's really not, but I'm impressed that I had the energy to do anything, especially being that it's 105 degrees today and super humid. Anyways, perhaps I'll post pictures later, but here are the recipes... as you can see they are very easy, pregnant lady friendly, and VERY tasty.

Mediterranean Pasta Salad:

Ingredients:
*1/2 box of elbow noodles
*Mayonnaise to taste
*Mustard to taste
*1 large jar of green olives
*1 small can of sliced black olives
*1 small jar of pimentos
*black pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook noodles according to directions on box, drain, and run under cold water until no longer hot. Place noodles in a large bowl and combine with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate overnight (or at least for several hours, but it's better overnight).



Greek Salad:

Ingredients:
*1/2 bag of Romaine lettuce
*1 tomato cut in large chunks
*1/2 red onion sliced
*1/2 small can of black olives
*1/2 cucumber cut in large chunks
*1/2 green bell pepper cut in large chunks
*1/2 red bell pepper cut in large chunks
*1/2 container (or to taste) of feta cheese (pasteurized of course for you preggos)
*pepper to taste

**If it's your thing, you can also toast some pine nuts and add those, unfortunately I didn't get the nuts this time and I loooooove them!**

Directions:
LOL, this is obviously self explanatory... combine ingredients in a bowl!

Greek Salad Dressing:

Ingredients:
*5 tbs olive oil
*1 tbs red wine vinegar
*2 tbs sugar
*1 tsp dried oregano
*juice from 1 lemon

*black pepper to taste

Directions:
Combine ingredients and place on Greek Salad immediately prior to eating.

No comments: