



I can't believe that Cor.ben is 2 weeks old already! Time is going by way too fast and honestly the thought of him growing up way too quickly makes me panic. I love having a newborn. That and the fact that my husband deploys in October and Cor.ben will be almost 9 months old by the time he comes home makes me very sad. Luckily we will get to visit him once during that time and thank God we live in a time where things like Sky.pe exist. It's not the same as face to face interaction, but as my dad would say "it's better than a poke in the eye".
Cor.ben is doing very well and is still such a mild mannered and calm baby. For the most part he still only cries when he's hungry or needs to be changed. If he does get a little fussy for some unknown reason it doesn't last longer than a few seconds and he's chilled out again. Oh how I pray this all lasts! He had a second check-up yesterday and he now weighs 8 lbs 4 oz. He does have a little bit of thrush, which his doctor said is very common in new babies, and has to take an antibiotic for a week :(. Hopefully it won't upset his stomach. Ugh, his umbilical cord stump is still holding on for dear life. It's very short, shriveled, and nasty looking, but it's still not quite ready to come off. I can't wait for it to be gone!
Breastfeeding is going okay and I've started to produce a little more milk, but still not near enough to feed him. It makes me feel sad and disappointed. I really wish that I had enough breast milk for him and I feel guilty having to give him so much formula. I just don't know what else I can do. I've read up on things I can do to help increase my supply, but it just isn't happening. The other morning I was able to pump out 4 oz (I pump between feedings to help stimulate) and I was so thrilled thinking my supply had finally increased enough, but NOPE and I still haven't been able to get that amount again.
Sleep has been pretty good as well. My husband and I take four hour "shifts" at night so that we can each get some straight time of sleep. I pump what I can for him to use during his feedings. Of course we each sleep as much as we can during our shift, but even with this we are still feeling sleepy during the day, so I can't imagine how we would feel if we weren't doing things this way. It's also been helpful because my husband is still on leave. I'll be interested to see how things go once he goes back to work. Wish us luck!
2 comments:
Oh gosh, he is handsome! They really do grow up so fast. I'm anxious about that already... and mine hasn't even been born yet!
I wish you luck in producing more milk. But if you can't, remember, any breast feeding is better than none at all. And besides, when it comes down to it, as long as you're feeding your baby- one way or another- he will be happy. I know it might not be what you want, but I guess that's just life, huh?
Sounds like you got lucky with your first :)
Look at your little man!!!!! Oh my goodness he is adorable!
Sorry you are having disappointment with the milk situation but there are still SO MANY Other things you are giving him!!!! YOu are a great mom! Focus on that! :)
xoxo
Post a Comment