This past week I've been feeling under the weather, but just thought it was how I was suppose to feel after having a baby. Even with plenty of sleep I was feeling really run down, my breasts were really sore, my appetite was almost non-existent, even though my husband complained that the apartment was really hot I was so freezing cold, and I had a headache that just would not die. Under normal circumstances it would have been "hello dummy, you're sick", but I just didn't put two and two together.
Saturday morning, around 3:30 am, I began to feel really bad and finally took my temperature and of course I had a fever. With medication the fever only went down for a little bit, but then kept climbing all of the way to 102*. I called my ob/gyn and she said that it sounded like I had mastitis and wanted me to go to the ER because "it can get serious fast". Oh joy! Just how I wanted to spend my Saturday. My husband stayed home with baby boy while I spent the next 6 hours in the emergency room. It was seriously ridiculous! They let everyone back before me, even a girl with a not so seriously injured foot who got there way after me. How in the world does an injured foot take precedence over a 102* fever!?!?! I wanted to scream at them "HELLO! Don't you know that I have a 3 week old newborn at home that needs his mommy!". I really hated being away from my little mush mush (Sorry, my family is known for coming up with all kinds of obnoxious nicknames for those we love. We just can't help ourselves. hahaha). At least I got some antibiotics out of the deal and I'm feeling a lot better today. Once my boobies don't hurt anymore I'll be golden. Here's to hoping I never get mastitis again!
6 comments:
I had mastitis too and its definitely not fun! :( Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks Vanessa :)
Hope you feel better soon!
If you need to take your mind off it - at least for about a half hour - would you consider completing this survey? If, after you are finished, you would like to share it with the women you know, I'd appreciate that too.
Take care!!
In good health,
Jessica
Oy! The link didn't show up!
www.endometroisisstories.blogspot.com
Ugh...I had a mastitis around the same time frame....its HORRIBLE...not only are you sleep deprived and trying your darndest to breastfeed an infant (which wasn't too comfortable in the beginning to begin with)...then you get sick and it hurts even more to breastfeed!!!
I think the reason I got mine was because I was pumping and because I was wearing an underwire bra. I'm going to guess that it was mainly the underwire bra though....I hardly ever wear them now...and when I do my breasts get achey like they did before the mastitis so I'm quick to throw on a cami with a built in bra or a sports nursing bra!!!
Hope you start feeling better really soon!!!!
Thank you so much for your sweet comment!! I'm glad you are feeling better and hope the mastitis is long gone!!
Post a Comment