




Cor.ben is 1 month old today! Yesterday I went to the hospital to see my friend who just had her baby. She delivered at the same hospital as me and her room was just a few doors down from mine. Lol, I guess my labor experience was pretty memorable because the staff there still remember me. Cor.ben is doing so well and is absolutely adorable. I love his facial expressions and the cute little noises he makes. He loves to smile at us and I'm so excited for him to get the giggles. But did I tell you he still has his umbilical cord stump? I think it's going to fall off soon. It's no longer attached at the edges, just in the center, and it's kinda gooey underneath. Does that sound right? It doesn't smell or anything.
We're going to go get our professional family photos on Saturday and I'm so excited! The hubs and I have NEVER had professional pictures taken together. We've always wanted to, but just have never made it happen. I really hope that they turn out good.
Soooooo... my post-baby body.... it's interesting. As you may remember I gained 53 lbs during pregnancy. Last Saturday I was down 23 lbs. Not bad, but I would have much preferred for it all to have instantly vanished :). After I gave birth I was given false excitement because all of the stretch marks on my butt had COMPLETELY disappeared. I was thinking "YES, thank you Lord, they must have been just hormonal and my butt has now been saved". YEAH RIGHT! They all came back and now I have a few on the boobies as well. I'm guessing from breastfeeding. Super! Of course, as to be expected, my stomach still has a little pooch to it. No big deal, I'll take care of that. My doctor has given me the go ahead to start exercising, YES! What's getting me is the skin on my stomach is still so loose, dry, and wrinkly. Ewwww. I feel like an old lady. For those of you that have children how long did it take for your skin to snap back? Did it?
4 comments:
Five months later and still waiting on that skin to "snap back" lol. And yeah...I had NO stretch marks (okay maybe two just barely beginning to form on my belly right before the babies came out) and now I have them on my rear, on my belly and on my boobs. Ugh....not fun.
They are fading now though so that's good. I totally haven't exercised yet so I'm probably not a good person to look at though. :o) I hope to exercise as soon as I'm done breastfeeding these guys!!
Your kiddo is WAY cute...so adorable....and I can't believe its been a MONTH!!! WOW!! Good job momma!!!
We rarely get smiles out of Vivienne, so you're lucky!
As for the loose belly skin, I'm right there with ya! Unfortunately, I really don't remember how long it stuck around after my son was born. Hopefully it will tighten up sooner rather than later!
He's so BIG! And handsome! :)
And hey, you'll get your body back eventually.
Hi,
I just found your blog whilst searching for new blogs to follow relating to Endo and/or trying to conceive... I'm so glad to see that you finally got to bring your baby home, he is just gorgeous!
Amanda
Post a Comment