Unfortunately Fenu.greek did nothing for me. I'm so disappointed! Well, I can't say it did nothing... It did make me smell like maple syrup. Dh would always say... "Ew! You smell like Log Cabin" and he loves syrup. My doctor is drawing labs to see if there is a medical reason for my supply issue and once those results come in she will (at the additional recommendation of my lactation consultant) call in Reg.lan for me. It's a nausea/vomiting medication, but has been known to have the side effect of increasing breast milk supply. Crossing my fingers! Also my lactation consultant is having me increase my pumping time. I was previously pumping for 2 minutes after my milk stopped flowing, but now I'm doing it for a solid 20 minutes. I'm really hoping all of these efforts pay off! Especially since my little sweetness eats so much better with breast milk in regards to his reflux. I really want this for him.
....and this brings us to the boy! He seriously gets more and more amazing every day. He's getting so interactive and so strong! Yesterday he didn't want to nap at all. The longest stretch he slept for was 10 minutes. That was quite the adjustment to my day! Maybe it's because the night before he slept for 5 hours straight. I'm hoping for a little more sleeping time today. I want him to have plenty of awake time, but I don't think it's good for him to not get some naps in. He's also a big boy. Monday he weighed in at 12 lbs 3 oz. I can't even count how many people have been so shocked when I tell them his age. We bought him his Halloween costume the other day. I'm so excited to see him in it. Last weekend I packed and put away his newborn clothing. That was so sad! Is it demented that I'm already craving to be pregnant again?!?!
His reflux has still been an issue. We saw improvement with the medication, but he still had episodes several times a day and to me him being in pain even once a day is unacceptable. It's so heartbreaking to see him in pain. We went back to the doctor and he's going to continue on the same medication and be rechecked in a week, but he also switched his formula to Enfam.il AR. The difference from regular formula is that it has added rice starch, which thickens up the formula and helps his reflux. It's meant for babies who spit up a lot (which he's only spit up like 3 or 4 times since he's been born) but I have been surprised that it has really helped him. It's not the same as adding rice cereal to his regular formula because rice cereal adds caloric content, while the formula does not. Unfortunately it's SO expensive! It's around $26 for a 24 oz can! Those who use formula know how quickly it goes. That's another reason I'll be so happy if I can increase my breast milk supply.
Oh and I'm happy to announce that I'm doing better with Lupus. I started steroid therapy and I feel a million times better. Thank God! With that I'll leave you with some new pictures of Cor.ben.




3 comments:
Your little guy is SO cute. I love his chubby little cheeks. I wanted to say Hi and let you know I have been following your blog for a few months. I love hearing success stories, women who have struggled with infertility and gone on to have healthy babies. It brings me a lot of hope. Thanks for sharing your story. You have a beautiful family!
what a DOLL! my baby weighs 12lb 3 oz too! I think our boys would get along well! they are a lot like- close in age, weigh the same and they both have reflux! haha. So sorry to hear the fenugreek didnt work :/ I hope something will! I will be praying over that for you, hang in there mama!
Careful with reglan....it has really weird mental effects! I wanted to harm myself, literally!! Just be on the lookout.
Post a Comment