Get A Grip Woman!

I'm having a hard time... like breaking down into tears hard time. It's just a tad ridiculous. Cor.ben is going to be 1 in just six short weeks. I know that, just like his life so far, it will be here in a blink of an eye. I know that I can't do anything to stop time so I might as well just accept it. Instead I keep torturing myself by looking at his newborn pictures and videos and longing to go back to that time. This age really is so much fun too. It's just such a mix of emotions. I'm looking forward to all of the new things that he will do and I look forward to him talking to me and telling me he loves me, calling me mommy, and all of the funny things I know he'll say. At the same time I'm grieving him growing up. I can already see him going off to college and getting married to some woman I'm just sure I'll hate (God, I hope not). Crazy right! It hasn't helped that he's walking now. He looks like such a big boy walking all around our apartment. You can't really see your baby as a baby when they're walking. It happened so fast too. One day he could only take 3 steps at a time and the next he was like "I got this!". 

Okay, pity party over!.... for at least the next 60 seconds.

Let's talk about the sweet things. I love it when he gives me kisses. Oh and how his face lights up when he walks to me and to see how excited and proud of himself he is. He loves to clap when he's done a really good job. I love him.





...and how can you not laugh at this?





No comments: