Baby Purchase Cuteness

One of the most exciting things about the anticipation of welcoming a new baby is buying cute little baby things. We've got most of the essentials for Quinn now, with the exception of a few minor items, so now I'm getting to the fun of looking at some cute things that are on my "I want this" list. Of course I had to add some stuff for C.orben too :). I'm ecstatic that places like Etsy exist where I can find things that, besides being affordable, are adorable, personal, and unique.

♥ I found out about these burp cloths from Jess (Here Comes The Sun) and immediately had to order some. They look so cute, absorbent, and so soft. I can't wait to get them in the mail! I ordered these prints:

♥  When Corbe.n was a baby and I was doing his monthly pictures I had decided on displaying what month he was turning by using wooden blocks. I thought it was such a cute idea and loved how the pictures turned out and everything was dandy... until he got mobile. Then taking the pictures became stressful because he was always trying to go after the blocks and grab them. I also had to worry about staging and the block lettering not getting washed out with the flash. With Quinn I decided that I was definitely going to use monthly onesie stickers. Just putting a sticker on a onesie seems like a much better idea, and it looks really nice. After doing some research and reading other recommendations I picked a design from Baby Cakes Design Co. I really like her large selection and cute designs. I picked this one:
I'm also really considering this one too. I love how it's bright, simple, and easy to read:
♥ Corbe.n is getting so close to needing his crib converted to a toddler bed. He was attempting to climb out and as soon as I saw he could get his leg over the rail we lowered his mattress to the lowest setting. He's still trying to climb out at times, but isn't able to come close to getting his leg over the rail. It also seems like, because he's so big now and he tosses a lot in his sleep, that the crib rails are getting in his way. We often hear him whacking into them in his sleep or when we go in to check on him find extremities sticking out through the rails. I wouldn't want to sleep like that! Seemingly unrelated (but not) he's also using his pacifier at night. After I was reading that getting a toddler pillow can help not only with the transition to the toddler bed, but can serve as a new comfort item when getting rid of the pacifier I started my search quest for a great and appropriate pillow for him (getting the right size and appropriate "puffiness" is important for safety). Of course this wasn't our only motivation; he also is at the point where he seems like he would be more comfortable with a small pillow. Oh right... my point... I decided to get him a toddler pillow and once I have it in hand we'll convert his crib to a toddler bed and see if he is indeed ready for that big transition. If he's not ready at least we'll have everything on hand for when he is.

I found BobbleRoos where she makes not only toddler pillows, but a bunch of other great baby & child items. Check it out! They're a great price and come with a pillowcase of your choice. You can also order extra pillowcases as well. Look at all of the adorable fabric options (click here)! I ordered a sage green pillow case and also this Dino Dudes print.

Later I'm going to get this one, because I know C will be super excited about the elephants (he's very obsessed with elephants). Unfortunately it wasn't in stock when I placed my order. Luckily he loves dinosaurs too.


I'm also going to be ordering a satin pillowcase to put under Quinn's head in her crib and car seat. Not only can a satin fabric help prevent that typical baby bald spot in the back from rubbing, but it's also great for the hair of mixed kids, helping to prevent tangles and frizz.

♥ Next up is to order some more cloth diapers for Quinn. I ordered her some light purple Kawaii Baby Diapers and while I prefer pocket diapers, I don't like the fit and look of them until babies are a few months old. So, in the meantime I'm going to be using a Kawaii Baby diaper cover with a microfiber insert, and a liner in between, until she's bigger. I tried it out already and it's so trim! I already have tons of inserts, so the only thing I'll need to buy is the covers (at only $4.90 each I'm smiling) and a few more liners. I may play around with some prefolds, but I'm not completely sold on that yet.

That's it for now, but I can't wait to do some more browsing for cutesy baby adorableness! After a few more small touches I'll be ready to show you guys her crib setup! I love it!


1 comment:

Brittney said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!