I've read before that many kids (I had to fight myself to not type "babies") have a language explosion around 18 or 19 months. That's certainly been true with C.orben. He had words that he would say and then hit a language halt where he wasn't saying much, then he went to full on all day long talk fest in his adorable made-up language, and then all of a sudden he's saying all kinds of words.
Okay, get ready to melt into a pile of mush! This is what he did today. I was sitting on the floor and Cor.ben came up to my belly, kissed it, and then said "baby, baby, baby". Aww! I can't express how that made me feel! He is just the sweetest boy ever! I don't know how much he fully understands, but if you ask him where the baby is or where his sister is he'll point to my belly. Sometimes he'll point to his own too or will try to give either of our belly's food or his sippy cup. So cute!
Here's what he can say right now:
- Eat
- This
- Dog
- Snack
- Dadda (and Daddy)
- Mama
- Yummy
- Night-Night
- No
- Yes
- Tickle (He loves to tickle things as he yells "tickle tickle". I love it!)
- Hi
- What
- Out
- Nana (For banana)
- Thank you
- Baby
- Please
- Duck
- Bye
...and he signs: eat, water, more, milk, and thank you.
I can't wait to see what new things he says tomorrow! It's so fun being able to communicate with him and I just love his little voice. I love you little man!

No comments:
Post a Comment