A Glimpse of Normalcy

Today was a wonderful day. I was full of energy, and plans, and capability. Today I got to feel like my old normal self. The self before lupus totally kicked my butt. Oh and yes, while talking about my totally awesome day I'll also be simultaneously having a pity party. I just wish that I could be who I used to be instead of who I am now. Most days I'm so exhausted I have to force myself to get things done, my joints hurt so much that every movement hurts... headaches, chest pain... and the list goes on and on. BUT today I got to be the real me and while it felt awesome it also made me really sad because I know it won't last. This is what I got done today. I felt like Superwoman!






  •  I scheduled Quinn's 4 month checkup and an appointment for Corb.en (He keeps saying his knee hurts. I suspect it's just him saying it to say it, but want to play it safe).
  • I killed FOUR freaky spiders. I should get a medal of some sort for that task alone.
  • I fixed the whacked out toilet flush lever.
  • Made kitchen cleaner from HERE-- such great recipes for homemade cleaners. 
  •  All of this in between feeding, taking care of, and playing with the babies-- one of which was an incredibly cranky 4 month old. What was with her today?!
Now I'm exhausted and my hip feels like it should belong to a 90 year old, but I feel so accomplished and like I did such a great job of taking care of my family. Today was a good day.


 

No comments: