I opened up my bible to the subject guide and began looking for verses on pain. I came across James 1:2-8. I have a NIV bible, so it reads...
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does".
WOW! This speaks to me in so many ways. First off, I've always felt that I was going through this trial for a reason and that perhaps God was whispering to me that it was to build my faith and my "completeness" (I don't know if that's the correct word to capture what I mean, but I hope you understand where I'm coming from) as a christian woman. It also helped me ride through this pain and to consider it a pure joy. These verses also spoke to me because out of the million times that I've prayed to God to bless me with a child, always in the back of my mind I'm thinking "but He's not really going to bless me with it, I'm not worthy, it's not actually going to happen". I pray that I can find the strength to not doubt and to not be double-minded. God wants to bless me with a child. I know He does. He wants to "give generously to all without finding fault". I just need to believe Him and stop listening to the negativity that the devil tries to spread. Thank you Lord for leading me to this truth!
6 comments:
Great verse-thanks for sharing! Hope that the pain lessens, and soon!!!
I know how you feel , my hubby and I tried for over 3 years to get pregnant. We made the decision to do IVF and it worked. My faith definitly grew stronger going thru the heart-break and the emotional roller coaster of IVF. I just leaned on the Lord and put all my cares and worries on him, I knew no matter what happened he was there for me and in control. Praying for you and that you will be a Mommy soon.
Have faith. Lots and lots and lots and lots of women get pregnant after having surgery (my mom is one of them!). The most important thing is to think healthy. I hope the Lupron starts to go much easier.
Have lots and lots of faith! Surgery is very HEALING! After surgery you will notice a difference in your periods right away! They will be painful at first but the way they look will excite you!
I remember a couple of days after surgery when I realized my head was connected to my body, I felt as if I could run a marathon. I felt SO FREE inside! No more bondage! :)
Endo can be conquered my dear! You can do it! Just fight the last of your battle with much courage, hope and faith!!!!
I'm super late on this post, but it's exactly what I needed to read. So many thoughts go through my head -- one of them is not believing that God is going to bless me with my own little one. We've been trying for two years now and this summer I got the endometriosis diagnosis. I'm kinda glad I know what's going on, but I'm kinda miserable that it's just not easy. Anyhow, thanks for writing this post a year and some ago ;) And your son is beautiful.
Post a Comment