So, it has been a week since I've had my first Lupron injection and started the Norethindrone Acetate pill (see my previous post to find out what Lupron is and why I'm taking it). I'm hoping that my side effects won't be as bad as some people because I'm getting the lower dose, once-monthly injection rather than the higher dose, every three months injection. I pray that's the case because I've truly read some horror stories out there. I just try to remember that the side effects don't happen to everyone, some people do just great, and people only tend to write reviews when things are going wrong. It's during times like these that I really have to have faith that God will help me through. That's a tough thing for me and I'm actively trying to strengthen my faith and let go of my fear and worry.
So far I've been more tired than usual, irritable, had a worse short-term memory (I've always been bad, but now I'll start to go do something and completely forget what I was going to do or have a conversation with my husband and forget that it happened) and I've been getting some pretty bad headaches. Also, today I've had an increase in the endometriosis pain and had some breakthrough bleeding. Really though, the symptoms sound severe, but it really hasn't been too bad or unbearable at all and if this is going to help me have a baby then it's all worth it. I talked to my doctor today and she called me in some fiorecet for the headaches and told me that the cramps and bleeding were normal and should subside in a few days. She explained that the medication attaches to the hormone receptors, stays there, and fools the body into stopping the release of estrogen. But what happens in the beginning is there is an estrogen surge and that causes a temporary increase in endometriosis symptoms. Whew, I'm just relieved that it's normal. I do better when I know what to expect.
I've been doing a lot more researching this week about conception, endometriosis, and Lupron therapy. I have to tell you that there is so much information out there and it can be intimidating and confusing. A great source of information and comfort comes from posts from other women who have been through fertility treatments and have been successful. But sometimes I have no clue what they're talking about. They are true fertility warriors and are armed with a bunch of abbreviations that I have no clue what they mean. Haha, only recently did I figure out that TTC means "trying to conceive". It's still just so comforting to see women that have had difficulties far more severe than my own and now they have beautiful, healthy babies. A book that has really helped me out beyond measure has been "Supernatural Childbirth: Experiencing the Promises of God Concerning Conception and Delivery" by Jackie Mize. Not only does it talk about how to have an amazing pregnancy and delivery, but it talks about biblical principles on conceiving when you didn't think you could or have had problems. It's really amazing and has brought me peace and conviction that I know I will be a mother one day, where before I was riddled with so much negativity and doubt. Seriously, even if you don't think this book is for you, go out and buy it (it's really inexpensive) and read it. It's life changing.
I want to be a mother more than anything in the world right now. I think about it all the time and my husband and I are always talking about how we're going to raise our kids, how it's going to change our life, and I'm pretty sure we have all of our kids names picked out already. People always tell me "oh just stop thinking about it" or "just stop trying and it will happen", as if any of those things are possible. Also, when Jonathan and I first realized that there might be a problem we had to go to my primary care physician in order to get a referral to a specialist. She was a horrible doctor (for numerous reasons), but she also hassled me about seeking fertility testing and said that I was so young and blah, blah, blah. I get angry just thinking about her. Obviously she finally gave me the referral, but geez is it really that much trouble to just let someone get checked out and obviously something is wrong when you've been trying for 1 1/2 years and nothing has happened. Luckily just prior to this appointment I was talking to my neighbor about fertility issues (she had a lot of trouble conceiving her son) and she warned me that some providers can be negative about giving referrals for testing, so I wasn't totally caught off guard by my doctor (well ex-doctor now). Okay, okay I'm done venting about that & it's all past history now.
I'm looking forward to the time that I'm on Lupron to pass by quickly (the fiorecet doesn't seem to be working for the headaches) and I'm hoping that this blog on trying to conceive will be short lived and will quickly turn into a blog about pregnancy :D!
No comments:
Post a Comment