I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again... I'm OVER the Naval Hospital! I had an appointment yesterday and as usual they sent a medical student in first where I had to repeat my entire medical history, detail my July ICU stay, and how Lupus effects me. I'm so tired of going through this each and every time I go to the doctors, which in my case is every 2-3 weeks. I don't mind every once in awhile, but every time is really annoying. After I saw sir medical student I once again got stuck seeing a resident, which of course was someone I've never seen before, who also wants me to repeat EVERYTHING with my history. Beyond annoying!
The most frustrating part is I was suppose to get a growth scan at this appointment and once a month there after. This is something that has been discussed at every single appointment since I started being seen in the high risk clinic. OF COURSE they didn't put me down on the list with their ultrasound department like they were suppose to and they couldn't fit me in anytime soon. I'm so angry and so livid. First of all I was really looking forward to getting to see my baby again, but that is also one of the purposes of me being seen there (Lupus can cause IUGR). What is the point in being seen in high risk if they don't do what they are suppose to in monitoring me to see if Lupus is effecting my pregnancy?!?!? So, I had to go to the radiology department and see if they could get me in for an ultrasound and they couldn't schedule me until next Monday! UGGGGGGH! What a disappointment.
Immediately after my appointment I went to the doctors office that I want to switch to and it looks like everything is going to work out with that. I'll have a consistent doctor, a consistent medical plan, and I'll get to deliver at a top notch hospital instead of the business minded Naval Hospital. I'll be seeing them next week! YAY! This is such a load of stress off of me. I can't even explain how happy this makes me. Plus it's good for you guys because you won't have to hear me complain about my visits anymore!
However, I do want to throw out some good news about my appointment. It looks like my weight gain is finally slowing down. Whew, I was really getting nervous. This time I only gained 5 lbs in 3 weeks. My current grand total is 41 lbs.
Yesterday afternoon I was thinking about how upset, angry, and disappointed I was and I realized that even on my worst day I am so incredibly blessed by the Lord. If you think about how many people have so little and are truly suffering and this is their daily life, my trivial complaints are absolutely nothing and I feel so shallow complaining about them. Even on my absolute worst bottom of the barrel day I am more blessed and more fortunate than some people on their very best day. I pray that this is something I can keep in mind more often and express my gratitude and have it reflect in my attitude.
**UPDATE: While I was typing this I called the radiology department to check for cancellations and they were able to get me in tomorrow afternoon! YAY! Thank you Lord! I'm so excited and happy!**
1 comment:
I'm so happy for you! It's frustrating to deal with a crap medical practice in a normal situation, let alone with a high risk pregnancy, I'm sure! I'm glad you'll be able to switch. It will make the entire experience so much more enjoyable for you. You're about to have a baby, the last thing you need is unnecessary stress!
Post a Comment