Exhausted and Going Insane

Having constant painful contractions is getting really old. I got a short "break" (meaning less frequency and intensity) for a few days, but for the past two days it has been back with a vengeance. Last night they were coming back to back and I finally broke down crying. My husband is so sweet and started an epsom salt bath for me with candles, bathed me, and got the bed all set up for me to be propped up in and just relax.

I just don't understand how someone can contract this much and not have it progress to active labor???? The only thing I can think of is something must be wrong to where I'm not progressing. I just know that it's very VERY tiring and I'm really ready to have my baby. We'll see what my doctor has to say at my 39 week appointment, but this can't be normal, right???? I need some non-hormonal non-exhausted insight.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Hi Jennifer.

It's been a long time since I've commented, but I've definitely been following your story since our babies were due around the same time. (MY estimated due date was 08/09/10, but early u/s moved up due date to 08/06/10.)

Our pregnancies were remarkably similar, only due to different circumstances. B/c I was gestational diabetic for the 3rd time, I also found myself carrying a very big boy. Due to my weekly NSTs and BPPs, my 3rd c-section (ugh!!!) was scheduled for 07/29/10.

I am now the proud mama of a bouncing baby boy. We are all doing well, although I'm struggling a bit with healing. Nothing major...just 3rd abdominal surgery stuff. Baby Luke is awesome and was a bit bigger than predicted, weighing in at 8 lbs 12 oz.

Really feeling for you...I just couldn't imagine STILL being pregnant right now! I hear ya about the pool...it really was very relaxing. Since I had two little ones at home and the heat and humidity has been unbearable here in KC, we went to the pool a lot this summer.

Anyway, I'll be thinking of you and waiting for your big baby announcement!

Love,
Valerie

Jennifer said...

Thanks Valerie! I'm happy to hear that everything is good with you and I'm definitely jealous that you have your baby already. How are the other kiddos adjusting?

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time! With my son, I started having frequent, painful contractions on Thanksgiving Day but he wasn't born until that Sunday. In all that time, and after 15 hours of true, hard labor, I had still only dilated 2cm. So don't freak out. I'm sure there's nothing wrong. Hopefully the end is near!