Breastfeeding... take 2
So the breastfeeding saga continues... dun dun dun... (see here for what I'm talking about). As if my breast milk supply didn't suck bad enough things have now taken a turn for the worse. After my mastitis issue I had to take the antibiotic bac.trim for a week. I had to pump and dump (which just about killed me) and the medication also made my supply dwindle down even further. I'm now producing next to nothing :(. I've been really upset about this and all of my efforts to get things up again just haven't worked. But today I have some excitement! Two of my husband's co-workers have used the herb fenu.greek and it made their milk supply increase a TON!!!! I'm usually wary about using herbs because I don't want to jack my health up worse than it already is, but being that it comes with 2 great recommendations I feel really good about it. Now I'm super excited and I'm going to go buy some tomorrow. Has anyone else heard of fenu.greek and how well it works???? I really hope that it works! That would be so exciting if I was actually able to produce enough milk!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have heard great things about fenugreek! Both my sisters exclusively breast fed their daughters up until around 6 months and now continue to breastfeed at 9 months- and they both take fenugreek and swear by it. I plan to take it, I just havent gotten around to getting to the store yet...it's alot harder with a baby huh? haha. Hopefully it will help! Dont be too hard on yourself, the best you can do is to give it your best shot :]
Thanks for getting back to me Becky! This is great news and now I'm even more excited! Yes, it's definitely harder to get things done with a baby, but isn't it glorious :).
Sorry to hear about Desmond's reflux. Hopefully that medication will make him feel so much better. Oh... and I'm so jealous of his 4-6 hour stretches at night. My little guy still eats every 2-3 hours.
I'm sorry. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be (and with your own boobs!). Hopefully, if you try out that herb, it will help. Just be careful, they're not usually regulated by the FDA. Although, if I were in your position, I'd honestly probably try anything.
Post a Comment