
For about the past two weeks Cor.ben has been crying (in short spurts) and arching his back when he eats. He would also seem to easily "choke" on his milk. At first we just thought he was so hungry that he was over eager when it came to eating. Then two days ago things got worse and it seemed like he was in pain when he was eating and afterwords he seemed utterly miserable and would just cry and cry. The only thing that helped even a little was to sit him completely upright. Sometimes even when he was sleeping he would wake up crying for apparently no reason. What was even more troubling is instead of his usual 4 ounces, he would only eat an ounce or two at a time and wasn't wanting more until a few hours later. I called his doctor and they had me come right in. I was so emotional on the drive there. I was letting my mind run wild and was assuming the worst... I was so afraid that they were going to tell me he had a tumor in his stomach or something horrible like that. Thank God the news we received wasn't so terrible at all. He has reflux!
Now that we know what it is, looking back it seems so obvious. It never crossed my mind because he hardly ever spits up and he doesn't have inconsolable crying for hours. I thought that those were the characteristic symptoms of reflux babies. So far he's had two doses of his medication and seems to be doing so much better. He's eating more and hasn't been in any pain. Last night he actually slept for 4 hours straight and probably would have slept for longer, but I panicked and had my husband wake him up to eat. I'm so happy that he's feeling better. It was so heartbreaking yesterday to see him in so much pain. At least this ordeal hasn't made him lose any weight. My hefty boy now weighs 11 lbs 9 oz! He's the same size as his cousin who is 7 weeks older!
1 comment:
im glad you hes feeling better,
he is so cute:)
Post a Comment