Tick, tick, tick...


My husband is scheduled to come home from deployment in 40 days. I can't believe that we're finally in the countdown zone. It's been long and hard, but I am proud of how strong I've been. When I'm not careful I let my mind wander and I imagine what it will be like the moment I see him when I go to pick him up. I'll want to run to him and I'll probably burst into tears... finally allow myself to relax and exhale... and feel. I imagine what it will be like to hand him his son. What it will feel like to see them together again. Then I have to stop myself. Those are hazardous thoughts. Not because he's somewhere dangerous, because he's not, but because I still have 40 days to get through.



1 comment:

devon said...

Oh honey that's so exciting!!! I pray the days fly by for you! {hugs}