Monday Thoughts

Corbe.n is not a baby that loves to cuddle. He's never been that way... makes me sad. The only time I can get some cuddles in is when he has a bottle, when I'm reading him a book, or when I pick him up when he's sleeping at night (bad I know, but sometimes a momma just needs a cuddle). However, lately for the first little while after he wakes up in the morning or after his nap he wants to be held and loved on. Eeek! It makes my heart so happy! Sometimes he just wants to sit in my lap too. Either way I know he's attached to me... he follows me everywhere and loves for me to be on the floor with him when he plays. 

When Corb.en sees me bringing him his food to his highchair he says "mum mum" every single time. I'm not sure if he's trying to imitate a word that he's heard or exactly what he's trying to say, but it definitely means something to him. 

He says "mama" constantly now :)

I think it's so awesome to see how differently he interacts with other kids compared to how he does with adults. He loves them and is intrigued by them. It's so crazy how much he will mimic other kids in a way that he won't do with adults and this is especially true with certain kids he sees. Every time he gets to see his cousin (from out of state) or our friend's son who is 1 1/2 he ends up doing something new developmentally. 

With that I leave you with a video displaying why it's becoming more difficult to take pictures and videos of Corb.en... he desperately wants to eat my iPhone and camera.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Elliot never used to be a cuddler but has really become one lately. Of course, he still wants to go wild and screech and play, but he also likes to be held and kissed and snuggled now- and he didn't before!
That video is just too cute. Elliot is obsessed with my phone and will try to put it in his mouth at every opportunity.