Lately getting Co.rben to eat can become a stressful event... you never know what you're going to get. Some days he has a great appetite, other days he puts the food in his mouth then spits it out or acts like you are greatly insulting him if you dare to bring food near him. As a mother, I was really worried about this, thinking that my poor child was going to starve to death. After some research with the lovely google, I learned that this is very common with 1 year old babies (I refuse to say that I have a toddler... denial is my friend). Apparently they are wanting to get some independence and to eat or not to eat is the one thing they can control right now. Well, my friends I have good news if you have this problem or if you're just looking for something yummy and nutritious to feed your child. VEGGIE PIZZA! I got this recipe from All Things G&D (love her). It's so good and it's absolutely packed with vegetables. Most of all I love it because Corbe.n can't get enough of it and you can make a big batch and freeze it for when you're in a pinch and need a meal quickly for your child.
 |
| I forgot to take a picture of mine. This picture is from All Things G&D. |
Ingredients
Pizza Crust (Pillsbury or crust from your local pizza shop)
Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce
Veggies
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Directions
Spread pizza crust onto cookie sheet. Spread a layer of alfredo sauce over the crust, then finely chop some of the vegetables with a food processor and sprinkle over sauce, then add a layer of cheese, then put more vegetables cut into bite size pieces on top. Then bake according to crust directions. For me this was 400* for 12 minutes. Allow to cool and then cut. Leftover slices can be frozen (make 2-3 pizzas at a time if you want to stock your freezer food stash).
Some ideas from G&D
- You can use plain alfredo sauce or even red pepper alfredo sauce
- The leftover alfredo sauce can be poured into ice cube trays for use on future pizzas
- Pesto is another sauce option
- Minced garlic and feta cheese is another topping option
- The vegetables she usually uses (and I did as well) are broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
This is really so good and I hope that you give it a try! I am going to be trying some other kid friendly recipes as well and I look forward to sharing them with you.
6 comments:
this looks DELICIOUS!!
That looks delish! Thanks you for sharing the pizza and your story. I suffered with infertility and endometriosis and all its fun effects also, unfortunately I was not able to have a baby and my husband does not want to adopt. I am very happy for you. My aunt has Lupus and she was blessed 15 years ago with my cousin/Goddaughter and she is a blessing in my life. Good luck to you and your family. I am going to try your pizza tonight :)
Yes, we love this recipe too! However I can NEVER find the red pepper alfredo sauce. I used plain alfredo last time with slices of roasted red pepper! And yes G&D is fabulous!
I make a personal size pizza using a pita round for the crust, pesto for sauce, & whatever veggies/meat I have leftover in the fridge, topped with cheese and baked at 425 until cheese is melted and brown. Makes a quick & easy lunch, you might want to try for your little one.
This looks really good. A nice change from
Traditional pizza and KID-FRIENDLY too!
Thanks for sharing! :)
YUM. definitely going to try this!
Post a Comment