Sign Language

Yes, I'm shamelessly about to brag on my little guy. My cousin was born deaf and I used to be pretty fluent in Sign Language, so I always knew that when I had kids, basic sign language was something I wanted to teach them. I've been doing a few signs to Corbe.n for a long time, but it isn't something he's really picked up... until now! He just busted out with it one day and now signs and correctly applies "more", "eat", and "water". He is so happy that he's able to communicate his exact needs and gets the biggest grin on his face when he signs "more" and I give him more of whatever food he's eating. Normally he eats dinner at 5:30, but last night he came up to me at 4:30 and signed "eat", so I started getting his dinner together and avoided a meltdown. Score! When he was eating and wanted another bite he signed "more eat". I'm so proud! However, he is against manners, haha; I've been trying to teach him "please" and "thank you" and he just laughs at me each time. 




No comments: