17 months old- What's New

Cor.ben has been up to so much lately, especially recently. Because he doesn't have a full vocabulary you don't know what all he's absorbing until he just busts out with something and then you're left with your jaw hanging open thinking "how in the world did he know that!" 

For example, I have these hanging candles in the guest bathroom that he likes to point to and I tell him what they are. Today he pointed at them and I said "Yes, those are candles. Can you show me where the other candle is" and he pointed to another candle I have on a free standing cabinet in the bathroom. Jaw. Floor.
This one will make you laugh... Okay, I have a doppler to listen to the baby's heartbeat with and Cor.ben has seen me use it, but it's been awhile. Yesterday he was sitting on my bed while I was getting dressed and he points to my doppler stash and insistently is saying "This, this". So I handed him my stuff, he lays on his back on the bed, lifts up his shirt, turns the gel bottle upside down and acts like he's squirting it on his belly. He then takes my hand-towel and pretends to wipe the gel off his belly. HAHAHA! What a little mimicker! I was in awe! 

He just amazes me with how much he understands and how many directions I give him that he follows. My baby is growing up. He has also added "eat", "dog", and "snack" to his list of words that he can say. Hearing him say snack is my favorite... it sounds like "snaa, snaa"... just pretend you can hear his little voice saying it.

He has learned to open the fridge (sigh). He opens it ALL DAY LONG and is constantly getting things out of it. I will be getting baby gates for the kitchen this weekend. Between the fridge and him being anywhere near the stove freaking me out, oh and his ability to reach on the counters, he needs to be kicked out of the kitchen.

He also has become quite the climber. His cousin that's 6 weeks older than him has been an insane climber for the longest time and C.orben never showed any interest in it, so I thought I was in the clear, but no such luck. He now climbs the couch, my storage tote, his glider, and the dishwasher. Here's to hoping he doesn't try to climb the kitchen chairs and table anytime soon.

He has developed a love for meat. He loves brisket and chicken more than any other toddler I've seen. Now if I can get him to redevelop his love of vegetables. Some day.

Now for the fun part! Pictures!

I love his long eyelashes.






My Climber


His first masterpiece

Can you tell what it is? ;)

No comments: