I don't know if I'll keep doing updates every week, but if I do I'll have to find some way to change it up and make it more fun.
The beginning of the week was pretty scary for me. I started having constant braxton hicks contractions every minute or two. They started Monday evening and not even laying down made them go away. I tried to just relax because I knew they weren't serious because they didn't hurt. Well, technically no matter what they don't want you having more than 4 an hour, but in my heart I knew everything was okay. BUT I was still having them Tuesday morning, and besides it being exhausting and freaking me out, I had one that hurt.
I went into my doctor and thank God my cervix was normal. He had no explanation for why I was having them so early and so frequently, but told me to drink a ton of water and to sit down as much as possible. Laughing at him, I pointed to my rambunctious toddler and asked him how sitting down a lot was possible. Oh and let me tell ya, getting your cervix checked while your toddler is providing background music of his most impressive fussing and whining is so much fun. Even more fun is trying to talk to your doctor about what's going on while the whining progresses to wailing and you can't get up to calm him down because your lower half is only covered by a thin paper drape and you surely don't want to give the doctor more of a show than you already have. I must find a babysitter!
Anyways, I've been drinking a lot more water and so far it has kept the contractions at bay. Those things are not fun! If you guys remember (HERE is a refresher) with Corbe.n I started having contractions at 33 weeks and had them pretty much constantly until I delivered him. Hopefully I won't be a frequent contractor this time because it's so draining.
I went into my doctor and thank God my cervix was normal. He had no explanation for why I was having them so early and so frequently, but told me to drink a ton of water and to sit down as much as possible. Laughing at him, I pointed to my rambunctious toddler and asked him how sitting down a lot was possible. Oh and let me tell ya, getting your cervix checked while your toddler is providing background music of his most impressive fussing and whining is so much fun. Even more fun is trying to talk to your doctor about what's going on while the whining progresses to wailing and you can't get up to calm him down because your lower half is only covered by a thin paper drape and you surely don't want to give the doctor more of a show than you already have. I must find a babysitter!
Anyways, I've been drinking a lot more water and so far it has kept the contractions at bay. Those things are not fun! If you guys remember (HERE is a refresher) with Corbe.n I started having contractions at 33 weeks and had them pretty much constantly until I delivered him. Hopefully I won't be a frequent contractor this time because it's so draining.
Quiz time!
How far along? 17 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +1: confirmed at my doctor's appointment this week. I'm quite happy! We'll see if this continues because I celebrated by eating an entire box of ice cream sandwiches within just a few days. I've been putting off that craving for a long time!
Maternity clothes? Maternity shirts and for pants I have one pair of regular jeans that I wear with a belly band most of the time and I also wear a few of my maternity pants.
Stretch marks? No.
Sleep: Still the same as a few weeks ago.
Best moment this week: My Mom is coming to visit on Friday! She bought her ticket forever ago and I remember being excited that I would already be 17 weeks pregnant & Co.rben would be 17 months old when she came and now here we are!
Movement: Flutters and light kicks. Once this week it was like the baby jumped in there. Must have been a hiccup? I'm still waiting on those big kicks though. I'm so excited for those!
Food cravings: Ice cream sandwiches, fruit, popcorn dipped in mustard, Flamin' Hot Cheetos, burritos, chips and salsa.
Gender: We should find out at our anatomy scan in 6 days! YAY!
Belly Button in or out? In, but shallow.
Wedding rings on or off? On
What I miss: Caffeinated coffee.
What I am looking forward to: Finding out if baby is a boy or girl and for movement to progress to those big kicks and rolls.
Yes, I'm sure you've noticed by now my hair is always in a ponytail. It's because my hair has suddenly become way too long (you can't tell in this picture) and I can not stand to have it down. It's so hard to make time for yourself to do things like getting your hair cut when you have a toddler and your husband works a lot. I just need to do it. I want to cut it similar to this.
| Holy tan and over-filled eyebrows |
...or maybe I'll go crazy and cut it like this again...


No comments:
Post a Comment