37 weeks! I'm feeling so swollen in the face and hands lately. It got worse so quickly that I was initially concerned about pre-eclampsia, but luckily even though my blood pressure has been higher than normal for me, it's still way in range.
You guys ready for the good news?! The version was successful!!!! (see last post here if you missed that news). Quinn is now head down! Beyond it being successful God was so faithful and so good and the entire procedure was more than amazing. Quinn was completely unfazed by the ECV and her heart rate never altered. The doctor was able to turn her head down in under a minute. Most amazing was the pain and discomfort that He lifted from me. At the least, having an ECV is expected to be uncomfortable, but my doctor told me beforehand that most women describe it as painful and some even stop the procedure and decide to not continue because of the pain. This is something I was very anxious about and prayed to be delivered from beforehand. God blessed me and I was shocked when the doctor said the ECV was over because I didn't feel one single thing! Amazing!
I was feeling so defeated and like I was doomed to undergo another c-section. Now I feel like I'm back in the running for a VBAC and it's such a great feeling! So now we're back to the plan for an induction (via breaking my water) on June 13th. Of course I can always go into labor on my own before then (hint hint Quinn). There is only a 3% chance of Quinn flipping back to breech at this point. If that does happen then on the day of my induction we will repeat the version and then immediately break my water, so she isn't able to have that lovely swimming pool to flip in. Even though I feel confident in this plan and it's effectiveness, I still am paranoid about her returning to breech. Ever since the ECV last night I've been feeling my belly trying to tell what position she's in. I'm assuming that the pelvic pressure and cervical twinges I've been feeling are a good sign that she's being a good girl.
Now if I could just get my allergies under control within the next 13 days. They have been HORRIBLE the past month... worse than I've had them in years. I'm coughing, so hoarse that I sound like a man, but the congestion is the worst. I can't stand being congested and it keeps me up at night. The past 3 nights I've hardly slept at all. I desperately want to be able to breathe through my nose and get some good rest!
Now if I could just get my allergies under control within the next 13 days. They have been HORRIBLE the past month... worse than I've had them in years. I'm coughing, so hoarse that I sound like a man, but the congestion is the worst. I can't stand being congested and it keeps me up at night. The past 3 nights I've hardly slept at all. I desperately want to be able to breathe through my nose and get some good rest!
7 comments:
Oh YES!! God is soooo good!! I'm soo happy to hear this wonderful news! And I love your pic-it's so funny that you're such a TINY person, then you have this big pregnant tummy! :)
Yayyy!!
That is great news! We are worried that I'm going to develop pre-eclampsia as well. So far nothing but I started getting it very late with my first son. I'm glad that you were able to have good news and I hope that you can have the VBAC that you want to have!
Disregard my email. lol. That's awesome news!!!!!
Thanks guys! It's such a blessing! Miz Flow- thanks for calling me tiny :). I definitely don't feel that way right now. Kari- I pray you don't develop pre-e. That can be so scary!
YEAH!!! Glad she is head down! Stay down Quinn!!
Oh and ask your doc what you can take for that congestion. I was SUPER sick the last two weeks and they told me that since I was so far along I could go ahead and take Tylenol PM.
How exciting! I had an ECV with Elliot, but it didn't work. And it was WAYYYY beyond painful so I'm so glad that not only did it work, but you barely felt it! wow! He ended up flipping on his own a few days before my water broke. Emmett was also breech FOREVER but also flipped on his own, yay.
You look so great pregnant. Hopefully she will be here soon :)
Post a Comment