Finally Progress!

Okay, it's not much, but I'm still so excited about it! I had an NST on Monday and they checked me after that and I had NOTHING going on at all as far as dilation or effacement. Today I've been having contractions all day long that while they weren't very painful, made me sweaty and nauseous. At my appointment this afternoon I was 1cm dilated and 20% effaced. Yaaay! So, yes it's not a lot, but it's progress and I'm over the moon about my little 1 cm dilation. I'm just so thrilled to have anything going on. With C.orben I never dilated on my own before my induction and it feels good to know that I'm actually doing things this time. He swept my membranes too, so hopefully that will help things out even more.

So... here's the plan now. I am scheduled to be induced (via breaking my water) at 6am on Wednesday the 13th, but I need to be a little more dilated for him to break my water. I have an appointment Tuesday morning and if I haven't dilated more by then, I will be admitted to the hospital Tuesday night to have a foley bulb inserted to manually dilate me to 4cm and then will have my water broken in the morning. I'm really hoping that my body will do it's thing and I'll progress more on my own.

I'm so excited!!!! The end is in sight and I will soon be meeting my little girl! Oh and here's how smart Corbe.n is... I don't know how he does it, but he picks things up on his own so well. Yesterday I asked him, "Where's Quinn's bed?" and he grabbed my hand, led me into the bedroom, and pointed at Quinn's crib. Smarty! I can't wait to see them together.


 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! Good luck! I can't wait to see her!!!

Kristin said...

She will be here SO SOON!