Corben These Days

My awesome little boy,

You are so cool, did you know that? I love being your Mom. You are so smart and so sweet and I want to hug you every 2.5 seconds. You've really hit a language boom and getting to hear what's on your mind is something I've been looking forward to for a long time. The only downside is you've developed a love for trying to claim everything and like to say "Mine! Mine! Mine!". I hide from you how cute I think it is when you say it because I want you to remember to share with others. 

You're saying several new things every day and man you are so smart! Thanks in part to the show Super Why you know all of the letters of the alphabet and can say 20 of them. As I type this you are spelling out D-E-L-L on my computer. You know some of your colors and are getting better at counting. You shocked me when one day we were watching the movie 'A Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventure' and you said "Oh two turtles!" and then when one got swept up in a net you exclaimed "Oh mama! One turtle!". You have really started using your imagination when you play and it's so adorable.

You are completely obsessed with Elmo and ask me to go see him at Sea World at least 15 times a day. They have the Elmo show there that you love. Afterwards we get to hug and give high fives to the characters and when it's time to go you get so upset. You have a little Elmo and Murray plush doll that you love. Guess what! I got you a Ernie one for your Christmas stocking! I can't wait for you to see it. I also got a Cookie Monster for your sister, but I don't doubt that you will confiscate it. Also at Sea World they have a little train ride for Christmas time that you love. As we wait in line you say "My choo choo ride!". Out of nowhere you have started liking cowboys. You have a cowboy hat from one of your Halloween costumes that you like to wear and whenever you see a cowboy on TV or someone wearing a cowboy hat you get excited and yell "Mama cowboy!". You also love to help me cook and do anything that involves helping me with your sister. When she cries you pat her back and tell her it's okay. 

You surprised daddy and I and decided to branch out from the very limited list of things that you would eat. Thank God! Now at dinner time we serve you something we know that you like, such as applesauce, and in order to get it you have to eat what a few bites of what we're having for dinner first. After that you willingly eat both.

We got your twin bed awhile back and you love it so much. Daddy and I love to snuggle with you in there and often when your Daddy goes to check on you at night he almost falls asleep in there with you. I still need some finishing touches on your new room, but I already think it's awesome.

Poop. Oh freaking poop! You have decided that pooping in the potty is torture and will not do it. You were doing awesome with it thanks to some dum dum bribery, but now not at all. It's frustrating, but you'll get there when you decide that it's your idea to do so. You're still doing great with pee though.... please start pooping in the potty again soon though mmkay... please!

You are on the go all day long and don't sit still very often, but overall you've been a pretty easy 2 year old. I'm so thankful for that! I'm so blessed to be your Mom and am so thankful for every time I get to hear you say "Hold me mama". I love you very very much.

Telling me you want to give Elmo a high five.

What I get most of the time I try to take a picture of you these days. "No mama!"


After helping me make smoothies.

An oldie, but a goodie.


 

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Your little guy is precious! Had to laugh about the poo problem and 'Mine' word - we are SO there with ya!

Jennifer said...

Well today requires back flips, shouting from the roof tops, and anything else that defines excitement. This morning he went in the bathroom on his own and pooped in the potty! Woohoo! I hope this signals the end of his pooping strike and wasn't a one time thing. I'm soooo over him pooping in his underwear.