
First up is the salmon. The picture above is pretty self explanatory, but I'll give the instructions anyways. You tear off large enough pieces of foil to surround each fillet in a foil packet. I made 2 pieces of salmon. You place lemon slices on the foil, put the salmon fillet on top of the lemons, top it off with some butter patties and salt & pepper. Then fold up foil into a little tent and bake in the oven at 375* for about 20-25 minutes. The salmon is done when it flakes really easily with a fork. Mmm my mouth is watering reminiscing about this and I'm not a fish person.
The asparagus recipe is from here, but the pinterest pinner also added feta cheese, so I typed that into the recipe. I love feta! I could eat it on everything. Pine nuts brown really quickly, so make sure you constantly stir them and I would turn the heat a little lower than the recommended medium setting.
Ingredients:
1 bunch asparagus
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts
|
1/3 cup dried cranberries
feta cheese
1 pinch salt
|
Directions:
| 1. | Break off or trim the woody ends from the asparagus and discard. Set the spears aside. | |||
| 2. | Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the pine nuts, cranberries, and salt. Cook and stir until the pine nuts start to look translucent, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the asparagus spears and cook, adding a little more olive oil if needed, until stalks are bright green and tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Serve on a platter with the cranberries, nuts, and feta spooned over the top of the asparagus. |
I also made some rice for an additional side dish. This dinner was just bursting with flavor and was also very visually pleasing to the eye. I still can't get over how easy it was to make! This is one of those recipes that proves you don't have to eat out or serve junk food to your family when you're in a hurry-- (guilty as charged). I love it!
2 comments:
Mmm that looks amazing!! Love asparagus. And fish. Thanks for sharing!
Wow, those look great!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :)
Post a Comment