Today I went to meet with my surgeon (see the details here) and I feel so much better now! My surgery is officially on for Monday! He made me feel so much better about the potential side effects and best of all.... DRUM ROLL PLEASE... he said that there would be absolutely no problem with me getting pregnant right after this surgery and that in fact I could get pregnant the day after and it would be fine (if only it could be so easy). AHHHHHH I'm so relieved. I really didn't want to have to decide between this surgery and getting pregnant. My husband also feels a lot better. While we were waiting for the doctor to come in the room he was going off about how he didn't want me to have this surgery, didn't think it was a good idea, and didn't want me to end up worse off than I am now. After meeting with the doctor he feels so much better as well and feels secure that everything is going to be great! The resident that was also there for the appointment told me that he's been in my same place when it comes to ttc. That made me feel good. I always like to find people with a common bond. Now I just wish that I would have thought to ask him if he ever ended up having a baby.
So today I had to all of the checking in hoopla that you have to do prior to a surgery and part of that involved talking with the anesthesiologist nurse. She was reviewing my medication list and asked what I was taking Lupron and Norethindrone for, so I informed her that it was for endometriosis/fertility treatment. She said "oh as soon as you take your mind off of it you'll get pregnant". Hahahaha I didn't know whether to laugh at her or yell at her. I'm so sick of hearing that! People need to tell that directly to my uterus! Then I had to go to the hospital lab for a type and screen and today was OB clinic day, so the lab and surrounding area was filled with pregnant women and newborn babies. That was so hard. I had to keep my jealousy reined in so that I wouldn't embarrass myself by crying in public. Distraction is a useful thing!
I definitely feel God working in my life and His presence. I'm happy that I'm able to have this surgery and that I'm going to the new fertility clinic on August 12th! Everything is coming together. I feel so hopeful and excited. I haven't felt this way in awhile. Next comes baby!
2 comments:
Good luck with your surgery Monday! I hope you have a smooth recovery and can get back to TTC soon :).
Glad you are feeling so positive today! Isn't that a blessing!?! :)
Good luck with the surgery and I'll be praying for a healthy, speedy recovery. :)
Post a Comment