Rheumatologist: Round 2

After finishing my last final (WOOHOO!) of the semester dh and I went to my rheumatology appointment. I was SO nervous! Basically what she said is that a lot of my labs were very high and while she can't say for certain that I have lupus, that is what it looks like and I definitely do have some form of connective tissue disease. She may want to put me on high dose steriods or a medication called Plaquinol. Both of them are okay for pregnancy, but of course still do carry risks. I only want to go on those if ABSOLUTELY necessary. I do have an increased risk for developing placenta blood clots. She set me up with an emergency appointment with a hematologist to see if I have any other blood disorder problems and if there's anything I need to do for my pregnancy. I might have to go on low dose aspirin to prevent blood clots, but that could cause heart damage in the baby.

Honestly I'm not worried about any of these things. I really feel like God has His hand on this situation and that everything's going to be just fine. Of course I have had some worrying thoughts about miscarrying, but I try my hardest to push those thoughts to the side and to just focus on the here and the now and the blessing that God has given me. Other than that I'm just really tired and sick to my stomach. YAY!

No comments: