Wow!

Where I am this week:

Still just figuring everything out with the Lupus and what that's going to mean for my daily life. I just want to be well informed and to know what to do. I was experiencing some pretty bad pain and was told by my rheumatologist to go to the ER and that I might need to be admitted. We went to the ER, got some testing done, and some meds and luckily I didn't need to be admitted.

One thing that I am sick of is needles. I use to have great veins, but I think that due to their over use recently they are not performing well. Now when I need anything done it requires MULTIPLE sticks. When I was in the ICU this year they eventually just put in a PICC line. I wish that was something that I could do every time. Plus, for some reason my skin is super-sensitive right now and the tourniquet absolutely kills me. My heart starts beating fast when I know a stick is coming, which is so strange for me coming from the medical field.

I'm also waiting for AF to make her grand appearance. I've been cramping for the past 2 days and I wish she would just show up already. I don't feel like dealing with AF and the accompanying pain this month. Can't I just skip it? Wouldn't it be great if we had an off switch?

The biggest news this week is about the love and generosity of my in-laws. I have definitely been blessed in the in-law department. They are close and so loving and have embraced me into the family. It's wonderful! My dh told me that his sister and her husband talked and wanted to offer being a surrogate for us should we ever need one. WHAT? WOW!!!! I'm so unbelievably touched, amazed, and thankful. For them to offer this with out us even asking is so... WOW! To think that they would think of us in that way. What a selfless, amazing, HUGE gift. Plus his sister is just amazing and I couldn't think of anyone else who would do a better job of carrying our baby. DH was kinda shocked at first because he didn't completely understand surrogacy and that it would be his swimmers and MY egg, not his sisters. Still, I guess technically his sister would be carrying his baby, lol, but who would be better for it than family? Of course, we're hoping that I will be able to carry our children myself, but I'm so relieved and thankful that we have another option should the need arise. Thank you sister! We love you so much!

3 comments:

sweetpeanme said...

Wow, what an amazing offer!! It is great that you have such support!!! Plus, I think that if I had to have someone else carry my child...I would want my sister or sister-in-law to do it! You know that they are great people and can be trusted with such a precious miracle!

devon said...

my goodness...you have been going through so much. Many blessings to you, your dh, and your family. How wonderful of your SIL to offer such a gift!

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing offer! You married into a wonderful and understanding family!