
I also had the dreaded 1 hr GTT (glucose tolerance test) yesterday. I was so nervous before I went because I am absolutely horrible about drinking nasty stuff and I usually feel really sick when I have too much sugar. I was pleasantly surprised and the drink tasted exactly like orange soda and while I felt a little funny I didn't get sick at all. Hopefully I passed!
We also had our first class in the series that we signed up for. It was "Budgeting for Baby" and we got some really useful information and even better we got a bunch of free baby stuff from Gerber (2 nighties, 2 bibs, 3 burp clothes, a receiving blanket, 2 booties, 2 crib sheets, 5 onesies, and a hooded towel & washcloth set) and also a really nice handmade blanket. This Saturday we're taking our "Childbirth Prep" class. I'm really looking forward to that one.
I'm also excited because I think that I am going to be able to switch doctors and hospitals after all. You can see some of what I've dealt with here and here. The basic gist is that I get seen at the high risk clinic at our Naval Hospital. Every time I go I see a different doctor, usually a resident who doesn't know anything but likes to pretend like he does instead of asking someone who can really help me, the "game plan" for my treatment constantly changes, stuff that they should be doing to monitor my lupus they don't, and they have an extremely high c-section rate and treat laboring mothers like it's a business (think get 'em in, get 'em out) and it is common practice for them to immediately start pitocen. The other month they delivered 400 babies and were so full that some women had to deliver in the ER. This is not the experience that I want! I didn't think that I could switch my insurance plan to one where I could choose a civilian doctor and hospital due to cost and my other medical issues, but found out this week that it is possible. So I've been working on getting done what I need to in order to schedule with a new doctor that I found. I hope that it works out.
Today we also checked out and interviewed a pediatricians office that we were really interested in. I don't think that they are going to be a fit for us, but it was still exciting to get that process started.
I have my next check up appointment next week and I'm really excited because we're getting another ultrasound! YAY! I can't wait to see how Cor.ben is doing and how handsome he is :). I've been doing really well so far with this pregnancy, but this week I've had a headache that won't die, I've been really sleepy, and my joints are killing me (especially my hips, OUCH!). I don't know if this is regular pregnancy stuff, but I'm really hoping so. It could also be a lupus flare, which I have been hoping to avoid. I really don't want to have to start high dose steroids.
Until next time...
3 comments:
Look at you momma!!!!!!! Lookin' good!!! The carseat and stroller are DEFINITELY things to get excited about!!! It just feels like you're one step closer to holding that little one in your arms!
You have every reason to be excited about your travel system! Hell, I'm stoked about buying a diaper bag tonight!
I hope things work out so that you can change doctors! It doesn't sound like you would have a very good experience where you are now. I'll cross my fingers for you!
And I am jealous of all your free baby swag! I guess I need to sign us up for some classes so maybe we can get in on the freebies too!
Been away for a bit & did some catching up here-- man you've been busy and have gotten SO MUCH DONE! Good for you!
Glad you're feeling pretty good (minus hip pain- yuck!) and you are looking super cute! Oh, and the nursery is cute and I love the colors and pattern of the stroller and carseat!
So much cuteness! :)
Post a Comment