Accountability Day!

The day of accountability for my weight loss goals has arrived! I decided that I'm going to do this post every Friday. I am proud to report that I have lost weight!

Starting weight: 135 lbs
Ending weight: 130 lbs! I lost 5 lbs, yay!

I didn't get in any exercise because this was finals week and I was busy getting my study on! I'm so incredibly happy to have this semester over with! However, I have been eating much healthier. I have cut my portions down by eating slower and enjoying my food rather than inhaling 2-3 servings, ha! I cut out all obviously unhealthy things, such as soda. I've been drinking water with my meals instead. For my sweets craving I ate some 100 calorie chocolate bars that I had from my Mom. Yeah, I'm going to have to find some more of those. They were delicious! I've been having a big vegetable craving lately (weird huh) and I've actually been eating them for breakfast.

What has been so amazing and that I think is really going to help me is this app I just downloaded on my iPhone. It's called Fooducate. You can scan the bar code of a food item in question and it will tell you what's good about it, what's bad, give you a letter grading (A for the best, etc). You can even have it suggest healthier alternatives for you or you can compare it to another product to see which is better. So cool! I was about to get some tortillas to make wraps with and I selected some that were "whole grain" and for "healthy living". Upon scanning them I found out that they weren't hardly whole grain at all and had the worst rating for their group!

I'm just so happy to see progress the first week, especially without getting some exercise in. It has really made me feel so motivated! I decided to not post any pictures because they will just look the same as last week, but I will next time for sure. Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay :) Good luck!
Want to know something funny? Your starting weight {that you want to lose from} is just a couple pounds more than MY starting weight from before I was pregnant. And my BMI at that point was "too low" according to my OB- but I'm TALL.