Through the Window!

I am seriously about to throw my camera through a window! I have this camera: the Nikon Coolpix L18. Not only does it take sucky pictures most of the time (a lot of them come out with a grey wash that I then have to spend time trying to edit out), but now it is going through batteries at an INSANE rate! It's not like I'm using the knock off 99 cent batteries either. I'm using the recommended batteries and I have used an 8 pack of those is 2 days! I do use my camera everyday, but certainly not enough to warrant that kind of battery craziness. I'm so annoyed! What I really want is this...


The Canon Rebel digital camera. I have the old school film version of this camera and I love it. It takes really great pictures (in my amateur opinion). I wish!


3 comments:

Becky said...

YES! I also have that same nikon and I seriously hate it. All my pictures come out orange. I have a dinky little canon powershot from the first year my husband and I were dating (back 7 years ago) with a halfway broken lense and I actually prefer to use it over my nikon powershot. The canon rebel is totally the way to go. I have a nikon D80 which I love but it's giant and not so easy to lug around in my diaper bag. Im looking to get a smaller new canon powershot...canon is totally the way to go when it comes to non proffesional cameras (in my opinion at least).

Unknown said...

My husband bought me a Canon S95 for Christmas. It's a compact with manual controls, so it's kind of a hybrid. I really don't know how to use it properly yet so my pictures are just eh so far, but eventually I like to think I'll be taking AWESOME pictures with it! I'm not sure exactly how much he paid, but I know it's under $400. Or you could check ebay. You might be able to snag a gently used Rebel for a decent price!

Jennifer said...

Thank you ladies so much for the tips. I really appreciate it.