Happy 5 months to my amazing little boy! I love you more than I could ever wrap up into words.
Since I post so dang often, there isn't much to say in regards to his development that you haven't heard before, so I'll just repeat myself ;). He is rolling over both ways, but is stubborn about doing tummy to back. Yesterday he did it 5 times in a row so that he could get a look at his BFF (our dog), but this morning he wasn't having it. He definitely takes after his mommy. He's pretty good about sitting up, but still falls over sometimes. I think it's more from fatigue than lack of skill or strength.
He's eating solids three times a day: rice cereal in the morning, fruit in the afternoon, and a vegetable at night. So far he hasn't found a food that he doesn't like. He has a bottle every 3 hours and drinks 5 to 6 ounces. I'm wondering if he should be spacing out his bottles more at this point? I'm going to look into that. I don't just feed him, he does let me know that he's hungry beforehand. He's just a big boy! At his last appointment he was 20 lbs! He wears 9-12 month clothing.
He's teething, which has been a new learning curve for us. I have found that the Humphrey's dissolvable strips work well for him. If he gets really uncomfortable I have Tylenol, but I'd like to avoid it if I can. So far he's only needed it a few times. I'm excited about him getting teeth, but it's sad too. It's hard for me to see him grow up so fast!
Except for the times when teething is an issue, he's still a really great, easygoing, happy baby. It's so easy to make him smile and laugh. Sometimes we just sit there laughing at each other... haha... cheesy, but so much fun! He loves toys, especially those that have music. His Fisher-Price 'Love to Play Puppy" is a big hit. He loves me! He likes to stroke my face with his hands... and sometimes he likes to squeeze it too. That feels wonderful ;). He's a great sleeper for the most part. He wakes up to have his first bottle anywhere from 7 to 8:30 and then usually goes back to sleep until around 9:30 and he goes to bed for the night around 8 pm. Lately he's been falling asleep around 6pm, but I wake him up to change his diaper and have one last bottle. When he gets a little bit older I won't do that, but for now it works for us and he falls right back to sleep. Our biggest struggle right now is him rolling over into the side of his crib and not wanting to roll back. Sometimes that happens several times in the middle of the night. I've tried turning him every which direction so that he won't do that, but he still manages to get back to that same position. Luckily it doesn't happen every night, but it can still be frustrating, especially since I know he's capable of rolling back over, but just won't do it.
Accountability
I haven't posted about this in a little while because I wanted to focus on what the holidays were really about and not post about superficial things like weight. However, I have remained on track with my healthier life style. So... starting weight was 135 and I am now 123. I have 8 more pounds to loose to get to my goal! Yay! I feel good! I can officially now fit in my skinny jeans! The only area still bugging me is the baby belly, but it's improving.
OH! My Mom got Cor.ben these shoes the other day! How freakin' cute are they!
WOW! THIS WAS A LONG POST!


4 comments:
Cor.ben is such a cutie! I can't even believe how BIG he is...but he's simply adoarble.
As mom to three, I just wanted to give you a bit of unsolicited advice ;) don't worry about needing to space out bottles. If he's hungry, than he needs the breast milk or formula that you are giving him. This has the DHA/vitamins that are necessary to help his developing body and brain.
I use this tip to help me remember that it really doesn't matter how much solids I feed them (it's pretty much low calorie...women in the 60s used to eat baby food as a weight loss program!)...
"food is for FUN until they turn ONE".
Hope this helps ease any concerns you have.
Take care!
Whew! Yes Valerie it does help, more than you know! He's such a big boy and I get shocked comments all the time on how big he is. No one has EVER said anything negative, but I always worry that people are going to think he's so big because I'm doing something wrong. I know it's silly, but I want to feel like I'm doing a good job. Thanks for your advice. Feel free to give it ANYTIME! How's your family doing?
WHAT A CUTIE!!!!!!!!! I love his great big smile...and that kid is stylin'!!
Your baby is SOOOOO adorable!!!
Post a Comment