Baby Food Makin'

Now that Cor.ben is 6 months old and eating a lot more solids, I have started making my own baby food {before that he was getting Earths Best organic}. Originally I wasn't going to fork out $150 for the Beaba and I was going to steam the food on the stove and then puree it in my food processor. After a friend raved about the Beaba and called it a "must have" I couldn't resist getting it and I'm so glad that I did! I love that it steams and purees in one machine (talk about convenient and a breeze for cleanup), it's seriously so fast and easy (15 minutes to steam), and the food comes out tasting so wonderful and so fresh. It takes the guess work out of steaming it myself and I can walk away and do other things and not worry about wasting produce by over-cooking it. I'm also going to be saving money, I know that his food is safe and hasn't been contaminated in any way, and I'm doing my part for the environment. I'm going to steam my own vegetables in here as well.

Here's the process {minus boring, non-important details}:

Peel vegetable, if needed, and then slice...
... and dice.


Then you add pre-measured water to the machine, place food in the basket, and set to steam.
{after steaming}.
Then you dump the food from the basket directly into the canister and puree to desired consistency.

{One additional step that is recommended that you do if you're making a veggie with a skin (such as green beans or peas) is to strain the food after you puree it, until your baby can handle more texture. I learned this the hard way... it wasn't pretty.}

Pour the food into the silicone freezer pods.Cover with the lid and put in the freezer. That's it!


They also have these 5 oz and 10 oz containers for freezing, refrigerating, and taking baby's food on the go.
To defrost you just pop one of the servings out of the pod and then you can either put it in the fridge the day before, microwave it (no thanks), or put it in one of the containers above and defrost it in the Beaba.

It's seriously so easy! In about 1 1/2 hours I made about 24 servings of food and most of this time was spent with the machine steaming and me not having to do anything! I'm in love!


No comments: