Pedicure Gone Wrong

*Gross picture alert*

My Mom was just here visiting and being the wonderful person that she is, decided that I need some pampering and relaxation. After we were out for lunch we walked over to this nail salon and she left me to get a pedicure while she walked around other stores with baby boy (This was my first time leaving C with anyone besides my husband. Big step!). They put me in the chair, started soaking my feet in the little jet tub with nice hot water. The massage chair felt wonderful and was even so kind as to massage my butt. Maybe I should tell my husband about that? Anyways, things were going great until I found myself waiting and waiting. 40 minutes went by and they still hadn't started. I was getting really irritated, so I should have just left. They finally started on my feet, but then kept stopping to help other people that were coming in. They even started another woman's pedicure who got there way after me. The guy starts scrubbing my feet with that hard sponge thing and then for some reason that I still can't understand, scrubbed the side of my big toe with it. It hurt so bad and started bleeding. He had freaking grated my foot like a block of cheese. It gets worse from here. Before I could figure out what he was doing he put drops of the antiseptic that they use to soak their tools in on my toe. That burned so bad and turned my wound black. He then tried getting me to put my bleeding foot back in the tub to finish my pedicure. I told him that was not a good idea and that I was done and leaving. He tried to get me to stay so he could paint my toenails. Are you freaking kidding me dude! My toe still hurts so bad and even woke me up out of my sleep. I feel bad for the people that were waiting for a pedicure after me. I just hope he cleaned out the tub really good and threw away the scrubby thing, but I doubt he did. From the beginning it was far from the relaxing experience that my Mom wanted me to have, but I told her it's the thought that counts ;). Here's my war wound.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, that's awful! I've seen someone get a chunk taken out of their toe before during a pedicure and now I'm just too afraid to go get one. After seeing this, it's pretty certain that I never will again. Sorry your relaxing day turned bad! Maybe next time just opt for a massage...

tiffany | monuments and melodies said...

Hi! I stumbled upon your blog from The Bonjour Family...just thought i'd say hello! Congratulations on your BEAUTIFUL baby boy! My son was born in May :)

I noticed you are in Suffolk...I'm from Va. Beach {dad was in the Navy for 23 years}...currently in TX.

Hope your poor toe is healing fast!

Kristin said...

WTF?! You should report them to the BBB!